T W E N T Y

Breaking Brielle

Chapter Twenty

Not Edited

~ Brielle Clark's POV ~

The Sweetheart's dance was for a lack of better words, magical. They had fairy lights hanging up all over and they even had a wall of polaroids that of the Sweetheart's from previous years. There was so many of them.

"Some of these are from the yearbook. They should have just had the winners of the Prince & Princess title" Faye commented.

"I think it's cute" I smiled.

It was nice to look back at all the couples. It made you think. Are they still together? Did they get married? Do they have kids?

There was so many.

"That's Grandma and Grandpa!" Faye pointed at one of the polaroids in the top corner.

"There's my mom and her ex boyfriend!" Margaret pointed at a photo on the wall.

"Is that your parents, Matt?" I pointed at a Polaroid of 2 younger versions of Mr. And Mrs. Preston.

"Yeah. And there's Summer and Anthony" He pointed at a photo that was closer to our height. "And Eric and Marilyn" He pointed at another.

"That was a funny night" He said with a ghost smile.

"How come?" I grinned at him.

"Marilyn and Eric won cutest proposal or whatever and when they called them up on stage, Marilyn wasn't here" His smile grew. "She was in the bathroom and Eric was standing on the stage by himself for 5 minutes"

"Oh my god" I giggled. "That's terrible!"

"It didn't help that it was technically their first date. He thought she ditched him" He laughed and my heart sped up.

Stop it Brielle.

"Anthony and Summer were one of the Prince and Princesses and when they were crowned, they were arguing on stage" His laughter died down but he still had a smile on his face.

"What were they fighting about?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Who knows"

"Oh ew" Faye crinkled her nose as a girl added another polaroid.

"Who is it?" I asked Harper.

"Karl and his girlfriend" She whispered and I frowned.

"I'm sorry, Faye" Margaret sighed.

"It's fine. I'm going to drown my sorrows and find a punk kid to talk to" She rolled her eyes and disappeared into the crowd.

"I'm going to make sure she doesn't ya know, kill someone" Margaret followed after her.

"And uh I need to make sure Marg doesn't kill Karl" Harper grinned at us and ran off to find them.

"Your friends are weird" Matt snorted.

"Harper is your friends little sister" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah that's why I know she's weird"

We stayed near the polaroid wall for a little while, just talking about all sorts of stuff. Like movies, tv, school etc.

"Do you guys want to take a Polaroid for the wall?" A senior I recognise as Jeananne asks.

"I-" Matt looked down at me and sighed. "Sure"

"We don't have to if you don't want" I frowned.

"No. It's fine. You want to" He muttered.

What was so wrong with me that he didn't want to take a picture with me?