• forty four

I have loved
the stars
too fondly
to be fearful
of
the night

I have lovedthe starstoo fondlyto be fearful ofthe night

'Because he's trying to kill me'

A six worded sentence that Tom found himself reading over and over again. Certainly not the response he expected after he notified his sister that he indeed knew of Jean Belmont's existence and questioned her on why it even mattered.

It was Sunday night already, and unfortunately for Jean, it had been a long day for Tom. He was tired and far from being in a pleasant mood, and just when he believed it was time to call it a day he received the letter that managed to make his irritation skyrocket. He wasn't getting any sleep that night, that much he was sure of. He didn't want nor need further explanation. Alexis' words were all he needed, the why's or how's could be answered later. He also didn't bother with notifying his Death Eaters, their incompetence had already caused him enough troubles. He calmly put on his coat and reached for his wand before making his way out of his room. He was taking care of this one himself, and thankfully, he knew just where to find the Belmont family.

A whistle echoed in the dark and silent streets of Haugh, East Ayrshire, Scotland. Tom Riddle looked calm and composed, his silhouette blending with the shadows that surrounded him. Haugh was no more than two hours away from Hogwarts grounds, meaning this man was a very short trip away from Alexis. Tom's composure didn't change, but the grip on his wand did.

The Belmonts' were a pureblood family that held themselves to a higher standard than they actually were. Neither the father nor the mother had ever engaged in a duel, so their pathetic attempts to stop him from getting to their only living son were futile. He got the job done fast, sparing them the agony of having to watch him murder yet another one of their sons. Jean, however, Jean was ready for a duel. The lad, fueled with rage and fooled by some feeble idea of revenge, dared to point his wand at Tom. His shaky hands and glossy eyes were all Tom needed to know this would be an easy victory. But he wasn't going to be as merciful to Jean as he was to his parents. Jean was going to suffer, and as opposed to the old couple, Tom was going to grant him his last words.