29- Venus's New Tutor

"I suck at Herbology," Venus complained in the common room whilst she attempted to complete an essay about the uses of plants in magical medicines.

She looked around and saw that both Ginny and Mali had left.

"Typical." She muttered.

"You need to state the purpose for Mandrake roots." Venus looked up to see Neville Longbottom peering at her essay.

"What?" Venus peered at the essay, she noticed that she had missed out an entire section about the uses of Mandrake roots. "What are the uses of the Mandrake roots again?"

Neville laughed and sat down next to her, "they're used in many different potions and can be used to cure boils."

"Thanks," Venus scribbled down the uses, "now what are the key properties of Devil snare?"

Neville helped her finish the essay off, which Venus was thankful for. As she had said, she was terrible at Herbology.

"Thank you so much." Venus rolled up the scroll with her homework on, "Sprout won't kill me now!"

"You know I can help you out with Herbology a bit if you want," Neville was blushing scarlet.

"That would be amazing!" Venus grinned, "I'll owe you!"

"No, it's fine, don't worry about it," Neville turned a deeper shade of scarlet.

"No, honest, if you help me with Herbology I'll repay you!" Venus shoved her things back into her bag, "I'll find a way."

Neville smiled, "okay."

"I've got to get to class," Venus pulled her bag onto her shoulder. "I'll see you!"

As Venus hurried off, Neville's face turned even more red.

Dean Thomas patted him on the back as he and Seamus passed through the common room.

"You go get her Neville!" Dean gave Neville a grin of encouragement.

September passed quickly and all too soon it was the next full moon.

Venus had experienced moon swings and sudden outbursts on both of her previous full moons and that time was no different.

She was woken up by the sound of Annabel and Emma laughing. Although they quickly stopped when they saw the pissed off expression on Venus's face.

Venus drank four cups of coffee that morning and shot Ginny a withering look when she tried to stop her drinking her fifth cup.

Ginny had been around for both of the previous full moons, so was well aware of how pissy Venus was going to be.

As soon as they finished their last class of the day Venus bid goodbye to Mali and Ginny, who gave her reassuring smiles. She headed to the hospital wing where Madam Pomfry was waiting for her to take her down to the Shrieking Shack.

When she got into the house Venus flopped down on the massive four poster bed in the room where everything had happened at the end of last year.

Venus quickly took of her clothes and folded them carefully and put them in a corner, she placed her shoes on top of the pile, along with her wand.

She sat back down on the bed and let out a loud frustrated huff.

********

"Where's Venus?" Neville asked Ginny at dinner. He had been hoping to speak to his friend over dinner.

"She's not feeling well." Ginny bit her lip. "She went to bed early."

"Oh." Neville sounded slightly disappointed.

********

Venus woke that morning with a nasty gash down her arm.

Though the wolfsbane potion helped her keep her own mind, Venus had a tendency to get irritated in her human form, this was magnified in her werewolf state, meaning that she tended to come out of full moon nights slightly worse for wear.

The gash was still bleeding, but Venus pulled on her robes and hurried back up to the castle.

It was very early so the castle was disserted, which Venus was happy about. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

She arrived in the hospital wing to see  Madam Pomfry sorting some bottles.

"Venus!" The matron smiled, then she noticed Venus's gash. "I'll get you something for that."

The nurse dabbed a horrible smelling liquid onto the wound, which stung a lot.

"I'm keeping you here until lunch. That should be healed by then." She told Venus as she worked.

Venus huffed and lay back on the bed, figuring that she might as well get some sleep whilst she was stuck there.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx