Ella

[UN EDITED]

[UN EDITED]

Chapter Nine

"I'll go out with her," Jungkook's voice is low and exaggerated in mockery. "I'll go. I'll go out with he—" Through the snorts, the laughter, and the teasing. Jungkook can't keep a straight face.

"Yeah yeah," Taehyung murmurs, ears and cheeks starting to grow red while  on the bench. The same bench they always meet at. The bench and table he felt most comfortable at. "They all get the point. Quit making fun of me now."

"We just started!" Jimin chimes, laughing along with Jungkook that holds his stomach from paining cramps. "Jin and Hoseok weren't there to experience second-hand-embarrassment. Ah! You should've seen it!"

"Why would you ask her out?" Jin asks,  shocked once hearing about the boy's adventures last night. "I thought you were getting closure?"

Jungkook snorts, "Closure my ass."

Taehyung, with red cheeks opens his mouth but closes it immediately. Why, because Hoseok chirps into the conversation with a final, "What did she say?"

.

I swallow, staring at everyone before allowing my eyes to meet yours last. I finish what I started, saying, "I-I'll go on a date with her."

There's excruciating silence. My heart is hammering at my ears, and the way Jimin's expression moves from utter surprise to ball-busting amusement lets me know how grandly I've screwed up.

With a hesitant mouth, I stutter, "I didn't—" Then I freeze when catching irritation in Pela's eyes. The woman standing next to your wide-eyed exterior tells me, "Did you just ask her for a pity date?"

My mouth breathes, "Pity date?"

"Yes. You feel bad for what your friend did and now you're—" Pela moves her hands up to her face. She looks appalled, angry, but most off, embarrassed for me. A rush of emotions that I feel on the inside. Deep inside. "If you don't get out of her room right now—" Pela shakes her head. Her beautiful afro dancing along with her movements.

"I don't think he meant any harm." This voice makes my heart smash louder and faster. This voice isn't one of Jungkook who is still awestruck. This voice isn't one of Jimin who wishes to cream his pants in laughter. This voice isn't one of Pela who struggles in assessing the situation. This is your voice.

I finally catch your eyes, knowing my cheeks are cherry tomatoes surrounded in sweating highlights. "I really didn't," I say out loud, then I swallow and see how the shock in your face subsides. Instead, you carry sweet eyes with a small smile. It's a face that tries to save me from discomfiture I've shaped.

"I know..." You shyly look to your feet and back to my eyes that shoot unnecessary daggers. With a soft tone, you say, "I just don't think it would be a good idea to go out with my ex-boyfriend's best friend...?"