30- Sirius Has A Death Wish

"Madam Pomfry?" Neville arrived at the hospital wing at the beginning of lunch, he had been looking for Venus all day and hadn't found her anywhere.

"Neville?" Neville spotted Venus sat on one of the beds.

"Hi!" Neville hurried over to her.

Venus jumped up from the bed, "I'm hungry, let's go get some lunch!"

"So you're feeling better than?" Neville asked as they left the hospital wing.

"What?" Venus frowned.

"Well I was looking for you last night and Ginny said you weren't feeling well. Is that why you were in the hospital wing?"

"Oh. Yeah I'm feeling much better!" Venus grinned, "Madam Pomfry was just healing me up."

"What's that?" Neville pointed to her bandaged arm.

Venus glanced at it and quickly pulled her sleeve to cover it. "I managed to cut my arm on some broken glass in my trunk." Venus lied, "Madam Pomfry was just healing it up for me."

"Oh, okay."

"So when is my next Herbology tutor session then Professor Longbottom?" Venus teased.

"Tonight?" Neville said hopefully.

"Yeah- oh wait I have Astronomy tonight, how about tomorrow?" Venus suggested as they walked into the Great Hall.

"Tomorrow it is."

Venus hurried off to sit with Ginny and Mali, once again leaving Neville blushing scarlet.

"Hey Ve," Ginny shuffled up to make space for her sister next to her.

"Hello." Venus said in a sing song voice.

"What's got you all happy?" Mali frowned.

"Nothing," Venus grabbed some bread and began buttering it.

"Oh you lie Weasley." Mali grinned and looked in the direction of a still bright red Neville who had now sat down at the other end of the table.

********

The first Hogsmead visit was announced as the week before the other schools would be arriving for the tornament.

The third years were all very excited to visit Hogsmead.

Venus couldn't wait to go to Honeydukes and the Three Broomsticks.

Mali, Ginny and Venus set of to Hogsmead quickly after breakfast. They had a very enjoyable day. Venus finally got to see the Shrieking Shack from outside.

"They say it's the most haunted building in Britain." Mali mused.

"Mali, I thought I told you, there's no ghosts in there," Venus rolled her eyes, "it was Professor Lupin."

It began to get late, so along with the rest of the Hogwarts students they all headed back to school.

*******

"Venus!" Harry was running down the corridor. He stopped next to her and thrust a piece of parchment into her hand, "I got a letter for you from Padfoot."

"Padfo- oh." Venus realised who Harry was talking about, she took the letter.

"He said that we need to use a different owl when we write to him again, we can't use Hedwig, she's too obvious."

Venus and Harry had both been writing to Sirius regularly since they returned to school. The last letter they received from him had left them concerned that he may be heading back to Britain.

Venus unrolled the letter.

Dear Venus,

I'm back in Britain.

Venus looked up at Harry, "he's stupid."

"I know." Harry replied.

I know you think that it's not safe, but I have been hearing more and more things that lead me to worry. Something big is happening Venus. I need you to promise me that you will stay on the lookout. You can't trust anyone.

If you want me to I can keep you company on the full moon this month. Unless you tell me otherwise I will be there.

From Padfoot.

"He's really got a death wish," Venus folded up the letter and put it in her bag.

********

"Wow!" Mali was grinning like a maniac looking at the massive horses that the French school had bought with them.

"Mali, step away from the horses!" Venus told her friend. Mali had taken to care of magical creatures more than anyone in their year. Venus had to almost force her to leave the lessons, it was almost like having another Charlie, Venus had already told Ginny that she was sure Mali was going to go off chasing dragons just like Charlie had.

Eventually Ginny and Venus were able to coax Mali inside with the promise of food.

There were hardly any seats left when they arrived, so Venus ended up sandwiched between Fred and Lee Jordan. Why she hadn't been able to go on the other side of Lee next to Ginny, Venus didn't know. And frankly she didn't think that she wanted to know.

The feast was excellent as usual. Dumbledore stood up at the end and explained about the Goblet of Fire and how people would be able to enter for the next 24 hours.

"I wish we could enter." Ginny mused absentmindedly as students began heading off to bed. "I bet it would be fun!"

"Gin, people have died!" Venus exclaimed.

"Yeah, but it's supposed to be way safer now." Mali was also gazing at the goblet of fire.

"What's with everyone," Venus saw Fred, George, Ron and Harry all staring at the goblet. "The world is going crazy."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx