Chapter 8 - Discoveries

They both hurry towards the hut and through the door. When they manage to close them from the rain and the rising gusts of wind, they were already slightly wet.

Breathing heavily, Rey leaned against the closed door. Her breathing was hard not only because of the short run, but also because of the kiss that was so suddenly interrupted. Her lips were still burning from the conquest of Ben's sensual mouth. She opens her eyes to see herself confronted with the object of her thoughts. Ben was standing right in front of her, his eyes less than 30 cm from hers and stared at her. This time, however, angry.

"What did you do with me?" he asks demanding. Rey didn't believe her ears "W.. w.. what I should have done? I do not understand ..." He leans a little closer, his hands, which he pressed to the wall to the left and right of her body, were like a cage.

"Something you have done to make me lose my control ... so don't be so innocent!" Rey frowns, now she was really angry: "I think, you are not playing with a full deck! Who has pounced on me like a rookie Wookie? That was you!"

She straightens up to her full height, which, however, only reaches to Ben's chin, and therefore relies on drilling her forefinger into his chest to gain more distance. "So please do not blame me for your lack of control!"

Ben stared down at her dainty finger, which stubbornly pierced his chest, then glared at her face angrily, ignoring the burn left by her touch on his body. "I did not pounce on you, it was not my intention .... I ... did not want to..." he stopped when he realized that Rey's mood had changed from attack to hurt.

Rey dropped her arms. She could not prevent his words from hurting her. "I did not want to ..." ... that hurt's more than she could have imagined.

'He does not want you,' said a malicious voice in her head, 'just like everyone else in your life'. she had to blink, to suppress the tears that came unintentionally. 'All right,' she told herself, 'you've always come home alone, why shouldn't it continue to work in the future?' but she already knew that this was no longer true. The connection to Ben had changed everything and the kiss ... well ... this had only strengthened the bond.

"You think I'm manipulating you, that I'm playing with you, how could you have such a crazy idea?" she shakes her head sadly and blushes slightly. "I ... I've never kissed a man ..... before." she could no longer look him in the eye and looked down.

Ben didn't answer for a long time. Both stood in silence until Rey looked up again. Her eyes fell on Ben. He stared into her eyes with such intensity that her knees became very soft. His tension was immediately transferred to her. He leaned closer to her without taking his eyes off her.

"And I've never kissed a women ..." His eye twitched slightly at these words. Rey blinked in surprise at this admission. "Maybe I just went too far ... with my lectures" she could feel his disinclination to pronounce these words literally physically. She knew what this openness cost him. In his opinion, in his world, this was like a great weakness that was not tolerable.

She took a deep breath and answered, "It's clear, you still do not trust me just a bit." She paused for a moment and then said, "Well, I'll give you more confidence, maybe you realize then I'm trustworthy." She looked him straight in the eye.

"I have the jedi books here with me, you can analyze them with me if you want. We can work together to find out how to proceed with regard to the open tests and the gray jedi legend."

Ben stepped back abruptly, staring disbelievingly at Rey. "So you want to win my trust?" he growled, "in which you confess that you lied to me?" She was not distracted by his aggression and calmly replied, "You should look at it from my perspective, would you trust one of your most important secrets to someone who could kill you for it?"

He crossed his hands over his chest and looked at her silently for a long time. Then he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "All right, show me the scriptures, Rey."

She nodded and turned around. She took her bag and rummaged in her depths, then brought out a small ancient leather strap. His face was marked with old symbols, the dark red leather looked tatty. The individual pages were filled with fine neat script.

Ben reached for Rey's hand to touch the book. A strange pull came from the script. He had been trained for years to despise the Jedi and their teachings, but he could feel the aura that seemed to surround these pages.

"I've already told you some of the discoveries," Rey began, "here are the verses that basically describe what they said, and then there is a chapter describing the necessary lessons for each phase to become a gray Jedi."

She opened the book at a certain place, set it down on the small dining table besides a burning candle and turned it over to her and Ben. Ben came to her and began to read, while the storm was raging outside the hut:

light and dark
must stand together
then the builded bond
will stay forever

light and dark
must descide to cooperate
then the builded pairing
will be their finally fade

light and dark
must trust each other without doubt
then the resulting strength
will be their biggest proud

light and dark
must make freedom with the past
that is the only way
to make this bond forever last

Both stood silently side by side for a while, finally becoming aware of the implications of their indissoluble bond.

"As we have to be clear, the first evolutionary stage is completed by Snoke's intervention, at stage two I'm not sure ..." she hesitated, "we've already cooperated in the past... but I am not sure if that's enough. I think some kind of deliberate decision will be made."

She looked up at him, into his dark eyes. "So, are you there with me?" she asked him, "will you join me?"