27| Little Talks. Pt2

-The screams all sound the same

•••• •••• ••••

As the group of teens continued their journey through the woods, Sully fell in step with Steve, and the two silently watched over the eighth graders as they talked about their science fair project that Mr. Clarke mentioned to them before the weekend.

"We're hunting down monsters, and these little twerps are talking about a science fair project." Steve broke the silence between the two, making Sully smile.

"We almost died, let these kids be." She snorted, "And speaking of almost dying..."She trailed off, making Steve slow his pace at the tone of her voice. Concerned, he turned to look at the small blonde and was taken by surprise when she slammed her fist into his shoulder blade.

"What the hell was that for?!" He exclaimed, rubbing the newly tender spot on his body.

"For using yourself as bait and almost dying out there tonight, which would have left me with a bus filled with kids." She exclaimed. This made a genuine smile spread onto Steve's face, one the Sully didn't see due to the darkness surrounding them.

"You were worried about me?"

"Of course, you idiot!" Sully quipped, raising her hand to slap Steve's shoulder, only to have the upperclassman grab onto her hand, and held onto it.

"Don't worry about me." Steve chuckled, lowering his hand, which was still connected to Sully's. "I'm stealth. Like a ninja." He assured her.

Steve was able to see her brown eyes glint with amusement, "Like a ninja." She recited.

Soon, everyone fell silent as they heard a shout coming from afar. Steve and Sully hurriedly pushed themselves towards the front of the group when the shout returned, this time from the edge of the forest. Steve aggressively gripped onto his flashlight as they neared the edge, Sully noticed on how the ground beneath them stared to slope downwards. "I think there's a road below." She turned to Steve.

"Hello? Who's there? Who's there!" The shouts intensified, making Sully relax. Whoever was screaming at them, was not a threat at all, it was obvious by the wavering of their voice.

Sully bit her lips from saying something funny when seeing Steve reach up and swat the leaves away from his face as the branches were low enough to make it a bother for him, but not the others.

"Steve!" A pair of voices gasp at the sight of the senior, who was gaping at the sight of his ex-girlfriend who vanished for days, and Jonathan Byers.

"Nancy?" Steve looked down in hurt when seeing that Tommy H. wasn't wrong about her and Johnathan being together.

Sully popped up from behind Steve, making Nancy feel a little hurt at the sight of the Steve in the woods, alone at night with Sully Tyrell. It wasn't until she fully stepped into the light, was when Nancy knew that she came to the wrong conclusion.