14: Gerard And His Positive Flowing Aura

Going back to school the following Monday, Gerard didn't know what to expect. He had been back for a month and had made to be great friends with Frank, having met his mother twice and his father once who both took an instant liking to Gerard and his modest personality that he seemed vibrate glowingly. Frank's mother, Linda, told him that he had kind eyes and a positive flowing aura, not that Gerard had any idea what that meant.

He tried his best to look good for his day back, after all, he and Frank had kissed on Saturday and he wanted to look appealing to him. Except, Frank had stopped responding to his messages, he didn't reply at all on Sunday and Gerard felt a drop in his stomach when he woke up early the following morning- today, to see that he had still not responded.

Gerard just didn't understand why, he thought it over and decided that maybe Frank was just embarrassed by him, or perhaps, embarrassed to have liked someone of the same sex.

There was a drop in his stomach and he felt hurt by it, although he could understand, he used to feel ashamed of his sexuality before realising that it wasn't anyones business but his own and no amount of disgusted faces and sounds would deter him from liking another boy.

But maybe it wasn't like that at all, and that Frank simply regretted it, like he kissed Gerard because he felt bad for him for whatever reason, or to mess with his head, Gerard didn't know, but he pulled up his jeans, making sure they framed his figure well, in order to discreetly persuade Frank to like him if he didn't already.

Gerard couldn't deny what he felt for Frank, though, these feelings were new to him, he liked Frank a couple years ago, sure, but since the almost-kiss and the real-kiss-that-actually-happened-ohmygod he felt them more strongly than before, and he wasn't ready to experience kissing Frank all over again if he could.

With a final glance at himself in the mirror, he threw his bag over his shoulders and shot downstairs, taking two steps at a time, glancing at himself in the hallway mirror as he did so, not being able to stop checking to make sure he still looked okay.

His family were all sat around the table, catching his father, Don, kiss Donna goodbye as he left the house to go to work, not sparing a glance at Gerard, obviously unaware that he was there.

Mikey had his head down, half his breakfast sat in front of him, completely ignored as he typed away on his phone while his mother was sat drinking her coffee, and finishing off a slice of toast. She wasn't dressed up as usual and Gerard could tell she had the day off work today, and must have only gotten up to take Gerard and Mikey to school.

"There is some toast in the toaster for you, just popped up," Donna mumbled to Gerard, looking awfully tired. Gerard nodded, walking towards the toaster and eating the warm piece of toast that had popped up.

Eventually, after a slow morning, the three of the them got in the car and Donna drove the boys to school, not bothering to rush like she usually did, and eventually finding a spot to stop to let them out.

"Gerard?" She said, right before he got out, watching Mikey walk in through the front gate, "you've been anxious this whole drive, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Gerard mumbled smiling fakely. He didn't really know how he felt, he was just worried that Frank would blow him off, maybe they weren't friends anymore, maybe Frank wouldn't been show up.

"Okay, honey," she nodded, letting him get out, "you can talk to me, you know?" She mentioned before Gerard shut the door, he just nodded and she smiled at him before letting him close the door and she drove off.

Gerard felt his nerves pick at him as he walked into school, immediately making his way to his locker, chewing on his lip nervously as he switched out books from his bag. His plan was to find Frank the second he got to school, but now that he had so much doubt filling his head, he was too scared to be rejected.

He stopped what he was doing for a second before closing his eyes and taking a long and deep breath in order to calm himself, opening his eyes and sighing as he continued, finding some gum which he had gotten the second week of school and stuffing it into his bag.

He closed his locker, throwing his bag back on and turned to his right instinctively, seeing Frank up at the end of the hall, arm around Jamia, as they talked and laughed with one of Frank's friends.

Gerard felt his heart twist painfully as he saw the two, he had forgotten Frank had a girlfriend, and it would be foolish for him to think that Frank could ever like Gerard in the first place, let alone more than Jamie. He realised then that the kiss was an accident, it was a very in the moment type of kiss and it made him feel sick, and he knew that he should never have befriended him, and it was stupid of him to believe in their friendship.

But maybe Gerard was overreacting, it was just a kiss, nothing more or less, but it felt like more to him, but he guessed that it was only one-sided. He sighed kicking the ground and annoyance, before turning and walking in the opposite direction of the two, in order to find Mikey.

When he found Mikey, he was alone at his locker which Gerard was thankful for, not wanting to talk to any of Mikey's friends, sighing when he was next to him and leaning against the closed lockers beside Mikey's.

"What's up with you?" Mikey asked, pulling out a binder from his locker, opening it and checking to see if everything he needed was in it. "You look tired and sad, did Frank finally get sick of you?"

"We kissed on Saturday," Gerard said, his eyes closed, and he felt like going to sleep with his head pressed against the rusted metal. "And he has a girlfriend, he's been ignoring my texts, what does this mean?"

"Shit, dude," Mikey muttered, closing his locker. Gerard opened his eyes and the two walked together as they spoke. "You kissed?"

"There was an almost kiss, and then there was an actual kiss and then he left and never responded to my texts, Mikey," Gerard breathed, and Mikey rubbed his shoulder gently for a few moments, "he's fucking with my head."

"Talk to him," Mikey said simply, and Gerard scoffed, "I'm serious, you don't know what is going on inside his head. You have chemistry with him."

"We don't have chemistry."

"I meant the class you idiot," Mikey sighed, "Talk to him then, when is your next chemistry lesson?"

"First period, and oh god he's my lab partner, fuck," Gerard sighed.

"Talk to him and you just might," Mikey said, hearing the bell ring, loud and almost deafening in the corridors.

"Might what?" Gerard asked before Mikey could walk off to class.

"Fuck," he shrugged and Gerard sighed as Mikey walked away and he headed to his own class. Chemistry.

-

It's been less than a month since I updated y'all should be proud this is definitely something that I never saw coming lmao.

Also, if anyone has any frerard fanfiction recs please lmk, whether it's with you read/wrote, him because I need to read some more- preferably long and completed fics but I'm not picky- just bored.

In the mean time, I recommend Monsters and Kings by Hangmans_Radio on ao3 which I found and read just the other day. It's really amazing honestly. Mind the warnings, though.

Love you all. xx