T W E N T Y T W O

Breaking Brielle

Chapter Twenty-two

Not Edited

~ Brielle Clark's POV ~

"I hate parades" Matt grumbled as we got squished together.

"Then why did you come" I laughed.

"Have you met my family? They wouldn't take 'no' as an answer" He snorted.

"I'm assuming your parents made you invite me to this nightmare" I laughed as I got pushed a little.

"No. This was all me" He grinned. "I'd rather get pushed around with you than by myself"

I blushed and shook my head. Why did he have to say stuff like that? Maybe he knew I liked him and he was just messing with my feelings.

Or maybe he had feelings for me too and he was flirting with me. He could just be worried that I don't like him back.

I glanced over at the Preston family. Mrs. Preston was arguing with another woman who was really tall. Mr. Preston was having a staring contest with another man and the kids were just watching with another group of kids.

"What're you thinking about?" Matt asked.

"Your mom's really short" I mumbled and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" He asked and I nodded towards them. Matt let out a loud groan.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"That's the Prescotts"

"The who's?" I asked.

"Westview's version of my parents. Just with brown hair and less kids" He mumbled and noticed my confusion. "She was cheer captain, he was football captain of Westview high"

"Ohh" I nodded.

"They've been having this rivalry since they were in high school. They always end up fighting at the St. Patrick's Day parade"

The Viewpoint St. Patrick's Day parade was held every year on either Northview Rd. Or Southview Blv. The only 2 roads that go through both Eastview and Westview. Meaning that people from both areas come together. Sadly there has been an on going rivalry between the high schools.

"Mom, Dad. C'mon" Matt called as he helped me push through the crowd to get to them.

"You have no right to talk about my family like that!" Mrs. Preston spat.

"Sweetheart, all I said was that you need to get some birth control. 9 kids is a little much" The woman, Mrs. Prescott flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Do you remember the homecoming game of '93? I'll still beat-"

"Are you going to get your wife to stop talking about my family?" Mr. Preston asked Mr. Prescott.

"I don't control her. She can do whatever she wants" Mr. Prescott laughed.

"Do you want to pay for another nose job? We both know Taylor doesn't hold back" Mr. Preston warned.

"Did he just threaten-"

"Okay guys. You need to stop. There are children here" Matt stepped in.

"You don't have any say in this, son" Mr. Prescott waved Matt off.

"Actually, this is my family so I have a say" Matt squinted at Mr. Prescott.

"Matt-"

"Son, we are talking about football and as far as I heard you're not that great anymore" Mr. Prescott waved him off again.