Chapter 26: Another Day

***Apologise for not updating. I was busy with starting Uni, and then I have been recovering from Infinity War. I'm sure that most of you know what I mean by that even if I did go and see it April 26. Anyway, Enjoy!!***

***Alexis's P.O.V***

I could hear him coming down the hallway. His footsteps muffled by the carpet. The footsteps pause outside the room that I was currently hiding in. Frantically, I try to quieten my breathing while placing my hand over my mouth to stop me from panting as adrenaline raced through my veins. Slowly, the door opens, and I see his silhouette in the doorway as I peer through the small gap I made from opening the cupboard door slightly.

"I will find you. You can not hide from me," He calls as he enters the room slowly heading towards the bed where I had placed pillows under the covers to throw him off track. A smirk appeared on his face as he reached the bed and grabbed the edge of the sheets. 

"Got you!" He cried as he whipped the covers back to reveal the pillows. His face fell as he saw that it wasn't me under the covers. "Damn," I heard him whisper as he looks up from the bed. His eyes begin scanning the room. My hand clamps harder over my mouth as my breath hitches when I see his gaze suddenly lock on the cupboard that I was hiding in. 

Quickly, and as quietly as I could, I try to shuffle back into the back corner, hoping against hope that he somehow won't see me. I couldn't rely on J.A.R.V.I.S to distract him as he had been muted when this situation had started.

Darkness fills my vision as he stands in front of the cupboard. My breath gets caught in my chest as I stare at cupboard door, willing him to walk away. After what seems like an eternity, he steps away from the cupboard. I let out a quiet sigh of relief. For once things are going to my favour,  I think happily.

Suddenly the cupboard door is violently flung open causing me to scream as light filled my vision and his voice yelled, "I GOT YOU!" 

Once I had calmed down from my fright; I see Tony grinning at me as he extends his hand to help me out of the cupboard. I clasp it gratefully and wiggle my way out. Catching me as I tumble out of the cupboard, Tony gently places me down before kneeling in front of me.

"I didn't scare you too much, did I?" he asks as his eyes scan me.

I giggle, shaking my head. "No, not too much. Just a little bit."

"Good." Tony stands with a groan as I hear him mutter something about getting too old.  "Well, Shortcake, we have now wasted about an hour. What's next?" 

I think about my options carefully. "I chose to play Hide N Seek. So it is your turn to choose now," I grin.

"Well in that case, to the lab!" Tony shouts as he points to the door dramatically. 

"Excuse me, Sir. But Ms Potts is on the line, and she wants to remind you about the meeting in an hour that you have been putting off for several weeks," J.A.R.V.I.S interrupts as we are about to head out the door.

"Oh....right," Tony sighs as he rubs his hand over his face. 

I shuffle in place as I watch him before gaining the courage to ask, "We can go to the lab afterwards, right?" 

Tony smiles down at me as he once again messes my hair. "Sure thing, Shortcake. I'll drop you off at the communal area before I go get ready." He begins to walk down the hall to the elevator.

I quickly catch up to him and ask. "What's the communal area?" 

"It's where the lounge and kitchen area is. Where we usually hang out with everyone."