T W E N T Y F O U R

Breaking Brielle

Chapter Twenty-four

Not Edited

~ Brielle Clark's POV ~

Matt hasn't spoken to me since the night at the carnival, 2 weeks ago and I haven't tried to speak to him because I'm angry at him.

Not because he said no, but because he just left me there. He just ran away. I spent over an hour wondering around looking for my friends. The only reason I found them was because it started raining and people started clearing out. Do you know how humiliating that is? For your friends to find you, sitting in the mud, crying and waiting for them to come unlock the car doors.

"What happened?" Faye stormed over. "Where's Matt? Why are you crying?"

"You were right" I mumbled.

"What?" She asked.

"He left me. I kissed him and he left me" I sobbed.

Am I really angry? Or am I just hurt? I've never felt so hurt. What makes it worse is that I know he has feelings for me too. He just doesn't want to hurt me. But isn't he hurting me right now? By sitting all the way over there, by himself.

He hasn't looked at me once in the past two weeks. Even though I've out right stared at him a few times.

"Brielle stop staring" Harper sighed one day at lunch.

"I'm not staring" I looked over at her.

"Yes you are" Margaret frowned.

"I just... I miss him" I frowned.

"I know"

Today was going to be an uncomfortable experience for both of us because today was the day we presented our English projects. We had to stand up in front of our class and talk about each other like we didn't kiss two weeks ago.

I wonder what he wrote about me. I wonder if he was going to present it himself or take a 0 on the presentation aspect. I thought about this up until I walked into English.

I awkwardly sat next to Matt and he kept his head down. For the next 30 minutes I watched other kids presentations and finally it was my turn.

"Miss. Clark" Mr. James smiled.

I glanced over at Matt and saw that he wasn't paying attention. I sighed and took out the DVD I made.

"Here you go" I smiled at Mr. James and he put the DVD into the DVD player he had set up.

I sat back in my seat and waited for my video to start. I glanced over at Matt and saw that he lifted his head up a little.

"Hi! My names Brielle Clark and I'm new here. Obviously" I said in the video. I was sitting on my bed surrounded by unpacked boxes. "And I got paired with Matthew Preston. According to a lot of people I've talked to, I shouldn't get involved with him. There reasoning is simply because he doesn't have any friends. He doesn't have any friends because he doesn't want any. But I think that's a bold faced lie. Everyone wants at least one friend"

"So I've decided to ignore what everyone has told me and actually talk to him" I smiled at the camera.

The video cut to the first time I interviewed him. It was at the ice cream shop and he was eating his ice cream, answering my questions. It then merged into videos of us hanging out.

"Here we see a wild Matthew Preston in his natural habitat" My voice whispers through the smart board and people laugh.

The camera zooms up on Matt's face and then zooms out.

"Eating those red things, they're twizzlers but he didn't know what they were called" I joked. "Watching serial killer shows in my room while we're supposed to be working on our project"

"Shut up Brielle" Matt rolls his eyes. "And stop recording me"

It then merges into the next time I interviewed him.

"If a genie granted you 3 wishes right now, what would you wish for?" I ask.

"Genies don't exist" He squints at the camera with a playful smile.

"Humor me" I say from behind the camera.

"Well my first wish would be to be able to play football again" He scratches the back of his neck and glances at me.

"My second wish would be to have a better relationship with my dad" He says after a few seconds.

My heart clenched and some of the girls in the class 'aw.'

"My third wish... what would my third wish be?" He mumbled and I smiled when I remembered what he asked. "Oh I know"

"Oh yeah? What's your third wish?" I laughed from behind the camera.

"For you to come to the Sweetheart's dance with me" He grins at the camera and the entire class erupts in 'aww's.'

The rest of the video is spliced up from previous interviews with pointless questions.

I added in the picture of us at the Sweetheart's dance and video from his birthday.

It then cuts to me back in my bedroom. This was taken in April, before the carnival incident.

"That isn't everything I learned about Matt. I couldn't possibly fit everything I've learned in the past 6 months into this video. But I can tell you a few things. Matt is sweet and caring. He's an amazing person and anyone would be lucky to be his friend. But I'm lucky enough to call him my best friend" I smiled at the camera and then it fades into a video I had taken at the Carnival.

I hadn't recorded it for the video. I had actually just recorded it for Snapchat. It's a video of Matt and I riding a rollercoaster. We're laughing wildly and the video slowly fades out.

The class erupts in clapping.

"Alright everyone, we'll hear Matthew's project tomorrow. Have a nice day" Mr. James dismisses us.

I pack up my bag and glance at Matt from the corner of my eye and see him staring at me.

Sadly, he let's me get up and leave the classroom without stopping me.