Chapter 19

Here's a much needed chapter after forever! IM SORRY, PUPPIES!!!!! Thanks for believing in me, and still reading, fanning, and commenting! I love the comments and all of you. ENJOY!

_____________

Jesse's POV:

The sharp sting from the bite snapped my brain away from the arousal quickly. Before I could think, mu body reacted instinctively and my knee shot up into the werewolf's hard stomach. I winced a little as his sharp incisors slide from my neck when he bent over gasping from my strike.

I saw my oppertunity and my self defense instincts kicked in from the countless attacks from my dad. I starts kicking, punching, and scratching, my fear fogging up my judgment. Mu thoughts shut off and i could only think about gettin away. Away from the pain and fear.

I didn't know if I was successful in actually hitting him, but the next thing I knew, i was laying across Lucas' lap, in his arms. Tears were streaming down mu face, and quiet whimpering sounds could be heard. I vaguely realized I was making the sounds, but I couldn't stop them.

I heard another voice. A soft one. It was coming from somewhere above me. It was calm and soothing, not yelling. I didn't know who or what was forming the sounds, but It was nice.

My eyes slide shut and my crying countinued, but for once in three years, i felt safe. Strong arns were wrapped around me, and any other day i would of scoffed at being treated like a girl. Today, it was too welcoming and I didn't care how it made me feel. I liked it.

**************

I don't know how long I sat there is his arms. It could have been hours, it could have been minutes. I had finally stopped crying, my hysterics were reduced to hiccups while Lucas rubbed soothing strokes on my back. My head was tucked into his shoulder and, now that the moment was over, I felt a blush stain my cheeks.

I burried his face closer to the safe body while embarassment swarmed me. Gosh, I looked like such a wimp. Getting saved, trying to escape, getting kissed, being bitten, freaking out....

Realisation hit hard, and I instinctively jerked away. Lucas made a grab for my hand, but I yanked it away and scrambled to the other side of the room. The jerk stood up and held up his hands, trying to sound calming, but it was too late.

The fucker bit me!

My hand grabbed my neck, and I glared at him.

"Jesse, baby..."

"Don't baby me! You bit me, asshole."

"It was the heat of the moment, it's not going to hurt you...."

"I'm stuck to you forever now, you stupid dog! What do you mean it 'won't hurt me?'"

His body tensed and his eyes grew stormy. I saw his nostrils flare and a look of understanding dawned on his face.

"I knew I smelled wolf on you. Is it your mom's or you dad's side?"

"It's none of your damn business." I growled at him.

He ignored me. "I'm guessing it's your mom considering I didn't smell any wolf in your house from your dad."

"Shut up, dog."

"But of course that doesn't make any sense. Why would your mom let her mate use her precious pup as a punching bag."

"I said shut up, Lucas."

"If any one of our pack members was physically hurting one of our younguns, their mate would be balistic. Although, the alpha would probably be more furious..."

"I don't have an alpha and I sure as hell don't have a mother!"

"Well you have to have a mother. It's rather odd that she hasn't calmed her mate down a bit..."

"They are not mates!" I screamed at him as I charged towards him, sucessfully tackling him to the floor. A haze of rage consumed me and I started trying to take my pain out on him.

"Jesse, stop"

I couldn't. I kept fighting the fear of him finding out my life problems. Fighting him.

"Baby, I don't want you to hurt yourself. Stop fighting me."

I tried to listen, but I couldn't stop. Finally, Lucas sighed and restrained my hands. He shifted his body, and, the next thing I knew, he was on top of me, locking me in place.

I squirmed and wiggled for a little bit longer before I lay exhausted and compliant under him. He was looking into my eyes as he brushed a stray piece of hair out of my eyes. He sighed and shook his head at me.

"What are you hiding from me?" He asked me softly.

I tensed, but didn't look away. After a few seconds he leaned down and kissed my lips tenderly. Before I could respond he backed off and smiled at me lovingly.

"I'm not going to pressure you, love. I know you have secrets, and I'm prepared to be patient and wait until your ready to tell me. Until then, I will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. I'll love you."

"You don't know me." I whispered pathetically and pleadingly at him, "I'm damaged goods. You deserve better."

He shook his head at me softly before kissing me again and smiling. "You're not damaged, baby. You were mistreated and I promise you I will make sure that bastard will never touch you again."

I opened my mouth to continue to argue, but he beat me to it.

"No arguing with me, Jes. I'm a wolf. I'm all-knowing."

In one solid movement, he leapt up from on top of me. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me to my feet. I looked at him curiously, and he winked before motioning towards the door.

"As much as I would love to stay here and finish what we started against the door," I blushed and he winked, "If I don't get you back to the pack house, Cooper will have my ass."

I chuckled and shook my head. "Cooper wouldn't hurt you."

"True. But if you were late, Cooper would freak and complain to Hunter. Then, Hunter would kick MY ass for upsetting his beloved mate."

I smiled knowingly and nodded towards the door. "After you, dog."

As I followed Lucas out the door, I allowed myself to smile.

As the door closed, the subject of the bite and their future was temporarily forgotten.