32. Manik ko dho dalo Andolan

Hello People. 

Happy Reading...

Next morning, Malhotra Industries

Nandini's Cabin

Manik who came to the office prior than his usual time is pacing to and fro continuously in Nandini's cabin while Nandu was doing her work also glancing upon him from time to time. Abhimanyu too was sitting there looking at his usually calm friend who is now looking like a criminal who was caught doing a crime and who is now waiting for the police to come and arrest him. He suddenly burst out laughing because of his own personal joke gaining the attention of both Manik and Nandini.

Manik(annoyed): Tujhe hasi aa rahi hai? I am not able to breathe properly aur tu has raha hai.

Abhi (grinning): Nahi, I am just imagining you as some criminal who has been...

His sentence was cut off by an angry Nandu. 

Nandu(glared): Abhimanyu, shut up.

Nandini gets up from her place and forcefully makes Manik sit on the couch nearby.

Nandu(softly): Manik, Relax. Just breathe in. Breathe out. They are humans, just like us?

Manik(scaredly): No. Mukti is not a normal human like us. I will be dead today. Did you prepare my funeral speech?

Abhi burst out laughing again seeing Manik, earning a glare from Nandu.

Nandu(firmly): Abhimanyu, I will throw you out of this cabin if you don't keep quiet. And Manik, kuch nahi hoga. Just calm down.

Manik looked into her eyes before calming himself a bit. Nandu went back to her work and the men in her cabin maintained silence. The silence again bothered Manik more than before as he knows it's just moments before the storm that was about to barge in.

After half an hour,

Abhimanyu stood up from his chair looking at the door following which Manik too stood up looking down. Nandini followed their gaze to the door and found three girls and a guy along with Cabir. The girl tallest among them was carrying a hockey stick with her and started shouting as soon as she stepped into her cabin. While the rest all were mute spectators.

Girl(furiously): Manik ke bache. Kamine. Ab yaad aayi tujhe humari.

Manik(gulping scaredly): Mukti, I can explain.

Mukti(yelled): to hell with your explanations.

She started chasing him all around the cabin and Manik was busy saving himself from her and her hockey stick. It all continued for what seemed like hours for Manik before he went and hid behind Nandini. Mukti stopped due to the unfamiliarity of the person in front of her.

Mukti(disinterestedly): Who are you? Listen whoever you are, just stay away from him. Main chodungi nahi ise aaj.

Manik(controlling his happiness): Mukti. She is Nandini. Remember Nandini Murthy?

Alya(inquisitively): Oh. The nerd Nandini Murthy?

Manik nodded in approval. 

Mukti(excitedly): yeh tujhe kahan se mil gayi? Teri cr..

Before she could complete her sentence, Manik stopped her by putting a hand on her mouth and whispered in her ears.

Manik(panicked): Mukti, marwayegi kya? She doesn't know anything. Don't announce now. Bhaag jayegi.

Mukti gave him a you-are-unbelievable look before going and hugging Nandini. Soon Alya too joined them in their hug.

Alya(pulling her cheeks): Manik, she's so cute.

Mukti(amused): I can't believe it's you. Are you still not talking to anyone?

Nandu was confused and conscious by the sudden attention that she was getting, looking more cluelessly towards Alya and Mukti.

Alya(exclaimed): Aww..How can someone be so cute?

Cabir(teased): Alya, cute ke aage bhi kuch bol de.

Manik(concerned): Guys, you are scaring her.

He goes towards Nandini and gives her a smile before introducing them to her.

Manik: (pointing towards Dhruv) Nandu, he is Dhruv, my buddy, jisne ab tak mujhse baat nahi kiya. (Dhruv chuckles at his complaint while he goes towards Alya) This Barbie doll is Alya.

Cabir(informed): And also Dhruv's girlfriend.

Manik(surprised): What? (Turning towards Dhruv) buddy, finally, tune propose kar diya.

Cabir(chuckled): Alya ne propose kiya, Manik.

Manik laughs at them. Dhruv likes Alya since their school but the shy boy that he is, he never dared to confess his feelings towards him. Manik goes and hugs Dhruv and Alya. And then goes towards Mukti, tagging Nandu along.

Manik(teased): Aur yeh jo hockey stick lekar bhaag rahi hai, I don't know her. Shayad bhul gaya.

Mutki(threatened): I swear aaj yeh hockey stick tutegi. Kamine.

She was about to run for beating him when Cabir holds her from behind.

Cabir(pacifying her): Shaant meri lady bheem. Aur kitna maregi bechare ko.

The only people who were silent were Navya and Abhimanyu.

Manik(turning towards Abhi): And guys, he is Abhimanyu. He is..

Mukti(happily): We know him. Kal hi tho aaya tha Bangalore.

Manik(frowned): Bangalore? (Turns towards Cabir) So, this was the reason for your early departure from London?

Cabir gives him a smirk.

Manik(scowled): Wipe that off before I kill you.

Manik notices the only new girl.

Manik(politely): Sorry, I didn't recognize you.

Navya(blabbered): I am Navya. No need to introduce yourself. I know you are Manik Malhotra. The lead singer of Fab5. The heartthrob of the entire school. Ok, I guess college too. Also, now the CEO of Malhotra Industries. I work along with Alya and Mukti and are friends. We met after school so, you don't know me.

Manik and Nandini were gaping at her while everyone nodded in disbelief.

Mukti(chuckled): Manik, it's ok. Yeh ek baar start ho jaati hai tho rukti nahi hai. You will get used to it. But you didn't introduce me to Nandini still? (and pouted)

Manik takes her in a side hug.

Manik(proudly): Nandu, this is Mukti. The evil twin of Cabir. Lady bheem of our group. Aur mere dil ka tukda.

Mukti(slapping his shoulder): Jyada butter mat laga. You still aren't forgiven.

Manik makes a sad face while Nandu shouts suddenly gaining everyone's attention. She mutters a sorry to everyone before turning towards Abhimanyu.

Nandu(sternly): Mr. Abhimanyu, we need to talk. Meet me in your cabin, right now.

And she dashes off towards his cabin while Abhi follows her giving a scared smile to everyone.

Mukti feels a tinge of jealousy at the way Nandu ordered him, wondering about their closeness. Cabir's voice brought her back to reality.

Cabir(enjoying Abhi's state): He is dead today. I wonder ab isne kya kar diya jo Nandu itna gussa ho gayi.

Mukti(puzzled): Matlab?

Manik(chuckles): Matlab yeh ki either they will come out after hugging each other or after pulling each other's hairs. They are one adorable pair.

Cabir(smiled): I agree.

Their talk didn't help Mukti instead it further fuelled her anger. To divert the topic she asked Manik to tell about the reason for quitting music. They all settled down before Manik continued to tell them whatever happened. 

Fab5 is here. Navya is here. Socho socho aage kya hota hai. 

How was the update? Waiting for your feedback.