Chapter 8

**Taehyung's POV**

The food that Jimin had brought me was incredibly good. I've never tasted anything like it before. I couldn't finish all of the food he brought and I feel bad. I tried all of it, though. The first thing I tried was something that I discovered to be chicken. It was covered in something similar to bread with some sort of deep orange sauce on it. There were some sort of noodles with it, which were also quite delicious. The next container had another chicken, but this one had a spicy sauce. I didn't like it quite as much because it burnt my mouth. It had rice with it, which I was familiar with. The last container contained various things. There was another bread like thing, but it was rolled up with vegetables inside. I experimented and dipped it into the mysterious red sauce. That was a good choice because the sauce was very good. This container also had another bread thing, but it was shaped kind of like a star and contained a white cream. I found it kind of bland, but enjoyed it anyways. I'm not too picky over food. The last thing that was in this container was also bread-like. It was dark on one side like it was exposed to heat. It was shaped like a half of a circle and filled with chicken and other things. I really appreciate Jimin for buying me this. I've seen food places around while walking, but I never had money to get any. I walked into one once, all of the prices being too high. My parents at least taught me to read, even though I haven't learned much else. I've stolen money from my parents before in low amounts. I used it to buy the little clothes I have and a few cheap books from thrift stores. Food stores charge a lot of money for something that's considered a necessity. You'd think that things you need to live would be cheaper. I learned that thrift stores are the only place to buy clothes cheap. I walked into other stores before and discovered how expensive clothing is. Yet, you get judged if you walk outside in clothing that doesn't fit with everyone else. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a hand waving in front of my face. I shook my head and blinked a few times before looking at the body the hand had come from. 

" What were you thinking about? You spaced off. " Jungkook said. I didn't even realize he had come in. 

" Just things. " I stated, knowing he wouldn't care if I did tell him. He hummed in response, probably not going to press further. 

" How old are you? " I asked him, realizing I had thought about this earlier when Jimin said he was older than him. I heard him chuckle, confusing me slightly. 

" That's a hard question to answer. " He said.

" Why? " 

" You stop aging when you get turned. " He explained. I nodded, understanding. 

" You were human once? " I never thought about the fact that he was once human. 

" I don't remember much from when I was, but yeah. " The thought that he was once human eased me for some reason. 

" How long have you been a vampire? " I asked. 

" I stopped counting at five hundread, but I don't think I've reached six hundread yet. " My eyes widened. That's a long time to be around. 

" How old were you when you got turned? " 

" Twenty four. " He answered. 

" That means you are seven years older than me. " I stated. He hummed in response, not seeming to care. 

" I prefer living in this time than I did back then. " He stated, suprising me that he's actually talking about himself. 

" I don't know much about the past. What was it like? " I asked, hoping he would continue the conversation. 

" You bathed once a year. The whole family used the same bath water. It was always so dark you couldn't even see the bottom by the time I got to use it. Beds were made of straw and attracted lice and ticks. A lot of bowls were made of carved bread and could get moldy and infested with worms. " He explained. I realized that things have changed a lot. 

" That sounds like it would suck. " I commented, trying to show him that I was listening. 

" It did. At twenty four, I was considered over halfway through my life. " This suprised me. 

" That's young, though. " 

" People only lived as old as forty. " He said. 

" Wow... " This is the most i've learned about anything. 

" My family also tried to force me to marry some girl for finacial benefit. " 

" Fi- what? " I asked, not understanding the word. 

" Money. " 

" Did you like this girl? " I asked. I read in one of my books about people falling in love and getting married. 

" No. I never even met her. She was like fourteen and it was insane. I got turned before this happened and disappeared so I assume my family thought I was dead. " He said. A fourteen year old marrying a twenty four year old? Thats a bit young.

" This is the most i've ever learned about anything. I find it interesting. " I said. 

" Most people find history boring. I don't even know why I'm telling you any of this. " 

" I would of loved to learn about this stuff. " I mumbled to myself. I think he heard me because he hummed. A quiet 'ding' noise erupted throughout the room. I watched as Jungkook pulled out his phone, the light illuminating his face. I took this moment to examine his facial features. I got a few good looks before the light was gone and his phone was back in his pocket. 

" Jimin is still bothering me about giving you a room in my house. " He said in a slightly annoyed tone. 

" Why are you so worried about me running off. It didn't work when I tried. " I said. He chuckled at this. He ignored my question, however. I lowered my head when is aura suddenly got dark and ominous. I focused my eyes on my hands, rubbing the gravelly substance of dirt around on my skin.

" Look at me. " He said in a commanding tone, but I kept my gaze down. I felt a shuffling noise as the dark presence got closer. I flinched when I felt a cold touch on my chin, my face being lifted up. I shut my eyes tight, still avoiding his gaze. 

" I want you to look me in the eye and say you won't run off. I can spot lies. " He said, his tone biting at me to give in. 

" Y-your aura is s-scary. " I mumbled trying to avoid what he was asking. 

" I know. It makes people listen. " He stated. I eventually gave up and slowly opened my eyes to see his blood red ones staring directly into mine. I wanted to cower away, but his firm grip on my chin prevented me. 

" Say it. " He commanded causing me to flinch at his tone. I took a deep breath, preparing myself. I looked straight into his eyes. 

" I won't even attempt to run away. " I said with as much sincerity as I could. He kept on staring for a few seconds, before backing away. He didn't say a word. I watched him as he grabbed my finished food from Jimin, along with any other trash I had and walked to the cell door. I was confused at what just happened. He isn't acting like he normally does. First, he was actually talking about himself instead of just listening to me ramble. Then, he totaly flipped into his intimidating self. I didn't understand it, but I enjoyed hearing about the time he was from. I watched as he unlocked the cell door, opening it. A loud screech from the metal door sounded throughout the cell. He exited after glancing back at me. The same sound was heard as the door was shut as well. Except, one thing was off too me. The sound of the door closing was different than usual. The familiar click of the lock wasn't heard, as footsteps retreated away from me, leaving me alone in the dark room.