Chapter 3: Photoshoot

The sound that left Marinette Dupain-Cheng's lips upon waking up snuggled against Adrien Agreste's chest the next morning was previously unknown to the human ear.

Sadly enough, it wasn't Adrien's most unpleasant wake up call to that day (try having your father's assistant wake you up at three a.m. while you're stark naked, with news of a photoshoot where you'll have to dress up as a panda. In August.)

Nonetheless, waking up to the warm, soft and screeching body of Marinette's snuggled against his chest effortlessly ranked amongst his five most favorite wake up calls of all times. She was curled up against him, her eyes still somehow soft and caring despite the unholy scream that had just left her lips.

Horrified, Marinette instantly clasped her hands over her lips, ignoring how Adrien's smacked her in the face as she squealed inelegantly, "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry!"

Laughing heartily, Adrien grinned at her

Laughing heartily, Adrien grinned at her. "No biggie, Mari. Though I think I might've gone deaf."

"OH MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY, your father is going to hate me and then I will never work in fashion and-"

"Mari," Adrien cut her rambling short, "I'm just kidding. No one's going deaf, no one's gonna hate you, and it's still really early. You can sleep a little more, then we're going to get up, get dressed and have a nice breakfast with your parents before heading to my photoshoot."

Even her impromptu pillow (commonly known as Adrien's chest) couldn't muffle Marinette pitiful whimper upon hearing the friendly jab, which prompted a loud chuckle from Adrien. Groaning, she buried herself further into the chaise, blushing deeply.

"Adrien, it's too early for this. Actually, this entire lifetime is too early for this. I'll just go back to sleep for a few years now, okay?"

He chuckled lightly, fully expecting her to resume her freaking out. However, the very early hour coupled with the excitement of the previous day quickly claimed her back, and despite her best intentions she drifted back to sleep against his chest, dozing off peacefully until her alarm finally rang about an hour later. Adrien, who had spent that time reveling into the warm cosiness of her room, chuckled lightly when she groaned upon hearing the familiar sound. It then took a bit of coaxing on his part, but eventually he managed to get her out of her chaise and make the perilous journey down the stairs.

Landing eyes on both teens, Sabine smiled warmly at them. "Morning Sunshines! Slept well?"

"A few sore muscles from the odd position of our arms, but unscathed otherwise," Adrien answered as he and Marinette sat down, the latter barely able to put a foot in front of the other.

"Oh, by the way, son," her mother said. "Your father's assistant called earlier to ask if you needed anything in order to get ready for the day. I let her know that Marinette and you had perfectly handled the clothing issue, and that Tom and I were more than able of providing anything else you would need," Sabine stated matter-of-factly as she placed a full plate in front of Adrien.