#FlirtlyBaby

(Sorry I took so long. I'll probably have the next chapter in before Monday)

Michael's Pov

I hated Cindy, and after the stunt she pulled I felt a strong urge to knock her off the face of the earth and put her on Mars. But that method probably would have been an offense to the Martians.

How could she do this shit especially in front of Jeanette? And how could Jeanette just act unaffected? The moment Cindy said she was pregnant, I thought Jeanette would go ballistic and try to hurt me or Cindy. Or worse...I thought she would have left... and never came back.

But instead She was telling jokes. WHO THE FUCK TELLS JOKES AT SUCH A SERIOUS TIME? That fucked up my mind set. I didn't expect her to tell me to throw a party for a baby that wasn't ours.

The baby probably didn't even exist. Cindy was obviously lying. And even if the child was real, it could never be mine. Not by a long shot. We've never done anything that wasn't unprotected.

"Throw the baby shower" Jeanette said casually as she walked back into the kitchen.

"Why would I do such a terrible thing?" I hissed as she continued her search for her purse by opening up one draw after another.

Why isn't she fucking pissed? When a girl accused me of being the father of her baby, Cindy almost burned down my house and got arrested for punching a "pregnant" woman. But when we got the confirmation that it wasn't my baby Cindy finally stopped stalking the girl.

"Because if it is your baby you should be there for him or her" Jeanette said as she was still opening the drawers. I went behind her and then spin her around so she was facing me.

"Jeanette its not-" I started to say but she didn't let me finish.

"I said if Michael" she corrected and then pushed me away so there was some distance from where we stood. I was silent. She was avoiding my eyes by looking at the floor.

She cleared her throat and then began her search again.

"Besides baby showers are quite fun. Last time I was at one we played some games, ate little finger foods and heard sweet stories" she said. I was still silent.

Why did she want me to celebrate a child that wasn't even hers? Why was she so for the idea of having a baby shower for Cindy?

"Why would you want me to have a baby shower for a child that isn't even yours?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I like kids" She simply said.

"So you would be willing to have one?" I said with a little excitement in my voice.

"I said I like kids. It doesn't mean I want one of my own" she said sharply and that deflated my mood.

"But how can you like Cindy's kid. She hates you with a passion." I said.

"And I dislike her also" she said in a dull voice.

"Then why" I asked.

"The baby doesn't know me. Michael... Cindy is a slut but that baby didn't do anything. It's just renting an apartment for 9 months" she explained.

"Jeanette-" I tried to say but Jeanette covered my mouth with her hand to make me stop talking.

"Michael you don't know if that baby is yours or not. And if it is..." she started to say but then her voice started to trail off and soon there was silence. Fear crept up my spin and I got tense. I softly put her hand off my mouth and held it.

"If its mine... what would happen?" I whispered. I did and didn't want the answer. I knew that at some point she would leave me for something terrible I had done.