Chapter L

I removed my hand from his. I stare at him without uttering any word, dumbfounded at what he just confessed to me. It seems so surreal that... he's gay.

"I am gay. I'm sorry if you are uncomfortable right now, I'll just leave," Ethan says as he stands up from his chair, ready to leave but I grabbed his arm, stopping him from leaving.

"Don't. Just, sit down," I said. He sits down, looking at me. "When... When did you start... knowing about it or maybe, feeling it?" I asked and he gives me a questionable look.

"When did I start feeling that I'm gay?" He says and I gulped down the lump that was stuck in my throat and nodded my head. "3 years ago," Ethan said.

"So, Alissa knows that you're gay?" I asked and it's his turn to nod his head in my response.

"Alissa knows from the beginning. When I was still in Chicago, I was being bullied because people found out that I was gay. Alissa helped me and pretended to be my girlfriend and she ended up falling in love with me."

"So, we decided to split up before things get any worse," Ethan said and I looked at him as I took a sip of the coffee I ordered, feeling my mouth a bit dry. "Hailey," He said as he held my hand that was resting on the coffee table.

God, I miss it when he calls me baby girl.

I looked at him, raising my left eyebrow at him, "Hm, yeah?" I said and he plasters a sad smile on his face, making me sad all of a sudden. "It's... It's just... I can't believe that you are..."

"Gay. Yeah, I can't believe it myself either," He said making me smile a little.

"Look. If you think that I don't accept you for who you are and hate you because you're gay, I don't. I love you for who you are and I think you are such a brave person for telling me who you really are," I said, making him smile.

I don't actually know what to feel right now. All I'm having is mixed emotions of sadness, happiness and I don't know what's the other one but, I know that I'm glad that Ethan was brave enough to step out of his own bubble and tell me who he really is.

He stood up from his chair and walked towards me, sitting down next to the chair beside me, "Thank you so much, Hailey," He said. "I love you so much and I'm thankful that you are my best friend," he says as he gives me a hug.

I pat his back, embracing him as well. Well, that hurt like a hell when he best friend zoned me, even though I'm over him, "I love you too," I said as I smile sincerely.

He broke off our hugging session as he looks at me with a hint of joy in his eyes, "So, who were you with last time? I saw you at the mall like, months ago. Flirting with someone," I said.

Ethan chuckles, "It was Taylor. My boyfriend," he said. I'm still not used to Ethan being gay, especially when he mentions the word 'my boyfriend' makes it all, weird. But I have to get used to it.

"Do you want to meet him? Taylor is so amazing, I think you will like—"

Ethan was cut off when someone punches him in the face, I stood up as I try to help Ethan get up. I look at the person who punched him and my eyes turned mad when I saw Cayden, "What the heck is wrong with you?"

"What the hell, man?" Ethan says as he stands up from the ground, wiping his nose. Cayden walked towards him and before he gets to throw another punch, I stand in front of Ethan. I gave him an annoyed look.

"Let's not do this here," I said in a calm voice. People are looking at us because of what happened, "Let's go outside," I told him and he gave Ethan one last look before he storms out of the Coffee Shop.