Nine

The next day Jimin practically skipped to school. He hadn't been in such a good mood for ages. He was in one of those mood where you feel as though nothing could bring you down and ruin your spirit, because you're just too damn happy!

After Jimin had returned home the day before, he received a couple of messages from A new phone number saying:

Unknown
Hey jiminie

It's Yoongi

Just making sure I got the right number

With a big grin, Jimin rushed upstairs into his bedroom before he replied to the older.

Jiminii
Yes you have ㅎㅎ

I'm glad you messaged ^^

Yoongi hyung
That's good then

Jimin lay down on his bed for the rest of the night, mostly chatting with Yoongi until he was called downstairs for dinner. When he returned to his bedroom after eating, he went back to the same position and carried on his conversation.

He even had revision he could be doing but Jimin couldn't seem to take his eyes off the phone screen just in case Yoongi sent another message, even if their messages were just talking nonsense.

So now you can see why he was in a good mood the next day.

Jimin strode into his classroom and put his bag down on the floor underneath his desk. "Good morning Tae. Good morning Kook." He said smiling brightly to the two said boys who we sat at the desk opposite staring at him with their mouths hanging open.
"Wanna get milkshakes with me?"

Taehyung was the one to close his mouth first, wetting his dry lips before he opened it again to speak. "Sure" he replied, making it sound almost like a question.

Jimin grabbed the two of them and pulled them out of the room with a skip.

"You seem happy" Jungkook laughed as jimin linked his arms with the couple and walked down the hallway.

"Am I not allowed to be?" Jimin smiled.

They stopped when they reached the vending machine and Jimin unlinked their arms. He pulls out a pile of change from his pocket and begins to push them individually into the coin slot. He selects four milkshakes, two strawberry and two banana.

"Four?" Taehyung asks.

Jimin nods with a smile even tho he wasn't facing him. Taehyung didn't ask any further  than that.

–––

Jimin took back what he said earlier. Maybe there was something that could affect his mood.

Jimin was sat in the classroom with two milkshake on his desk, hands on his lap, waiting for the black haired boy to arrive. Well to be honest, he had been waiting for almost half of lunch time and Yoongi still wasn't here— it doesn't usually take more than a minute for Yoongi to walk through the door. 

Happy Jimin was now a sad Jimin. Yoongi wasn't going to turn up. He knew that.

Though he knew Yoongi would have got to have a reason, Jimin couldn't help but feel a bit hurt. He waited all this time for him but the older didn't even message to say he wouldn't be there. At the same time he feels concerned, concerned that Yoongi might be caught up in something bad as surely his hyung wouldn't randomly not come to see him right? Right? Or maybe Jimin was just overthinking.