Cedric Diggory // The Day Of Love

This one was requested by BeeDee013 !!♡ Thanks so much!!

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY!♡

Also, go follow her! She is amazingg!!
________________

I was busy completing the Potions essay, which was due tomorrow, and if I had not completed it, I would have it from Snape. Just when I was breathing a sign of relief because I would end up completing this on time, I heard somebody squeal from behind me.

"(Y/N!) (Y/N)!!"

I whipped my head in the direction and saw my friend Aleena jumping up and down, her face full of excitement and her eyes shining.

"What is it, Leena?" I asked her, knowing that her story probably would be that of a guy.

"Fred Weasley asked me out!!" She squealed again, so loud that the fourth years shot us dirty looks.

"Calm down." I quirked an eyebrow at my best friend. When she ges on cloud nine, it is impossible to get her back down on Earth.

"Isn't he younger to you?" I questioned, calmly.

"So? As long as I have a date on Valentine's. And guess what? The Hogsmeade trip is on Valentine's Day!!" She grinned at me.

How could I have forgotten?

"Oh, joy. My favourite time of the year is coming!" I said, monotonously, with fake excitement, at which she gave me an exasperated look. I rolled my eyes at her, "I just don't have a date this year. And I am not planning on going on one either."

For the past 5 years, since I've attended Hogwarts, I never really went on dates on Valentine's just cause.

"True, but..." She quirked an eyebrow and smirked at me, "What about Diggory?"

Before I could reply, a voice interrupted our conversation, "So, you lovely ladies are talking about me, eh? Hope all good things." The Hufflepuff sat beside me and send me a wink.

Aleena, who gave me a knowing smile, stood up and left, "Don't worry, Diggory, nothing important."

This is why I don't tell her whoever I have a crush on.

"Actually we were talking about the time when Stan set you up on a blind date with 'Miss Invie Sybil'." I told him; it was true, Stan did set up a date with someone who never existed, just for a laugh. At the end of the day, Cedric had returned to the castle disappointed, but was full of rage after hearing it was Stan's prank.

Cedric flushed red, "That was a long time ago."

"That was last Christmas, Ced." I nudged his shoulder.

I went back to writing my essay, and realised that Cedric was still there.

"You need something?" I asked him, putting my quill down and facing him.

"I, um, actually." Cedric asked, nervously.

"Ced?" I prodded, and I felt him relax a little.

"I-I was wondering if you could come to Hogsmeade with me? On Valentine's Day?" Cedric said, all in one breath.

My eyes widened. Okay, what? I never really knew that the crush-likes-you-back thing really worked.

"Oh? Yeah, that'd be lovely." I said, and he gives me his signature smile, to which my heart melts and the whole jungle erupts in my stomach.

He takes my hand and lets his lips brush over my fingertips, "See you, then."

***

I took a quick look at the mirror one again and straightened my black and blue checkered skirt and dusted my long-sleeved black top. I bent down and tied the laces of my shoes.

I grabbed my purse, put my wand in it and turned to face Aleena, "Do I look fine?"

Aleena's mouth was hanging open when she saw me and said, "You look amazing!!" and wiped a fake tear from her eye, "I'm so proud of me. And you! Finally going on a date with the man you've been crushing on."

I slapped her arm, "Leena! Stop!"

She shrugged, rubbing her arm, "No, you stop denying it. You're clearly smitten and if I didn't know any better, I think he fancies you too."

"Sure, Leen." I sprayed myself with some perfume, "I gotta go now, you enjoy your date with Fred!" I hugged her and left the Dorm. I walked out of the Common Room, and the sight infront of me made the butterflies take off.

"Hey, Ced." I grinned at him.

"Hey. Wow, you look amazing." He smirked, tucking his hands in his pockets.

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself." I smile; he wore a pair of jeans, a t- shirt and converse and was glad he wore that. Most people wear dresses and shirts on their dates. Atleast we had the same sense of fashion.

I looked into his grey eyes and it casts a spell on me. Our eyes were fixed on each other until I abruptly looked away and Ced clears his throat, "Let's go?"

"Let's."

On reaching Hogsmeade, Cedric offered his hand and I quirked an eyebrow, amused.

"What? I'm a gentleman, okay!" He protested.

"I'm not complaining." I smirked and we linked our hands.

He guided me through the crowd of couples until we reached a sign that said, 'THE THREE BROOMSTICKS.'

I sighed in relief. Cedric turned to face me and said in a nervous tone, "You're okay with this, right?"

"Okay? I'm completely fine by it. I'm so happy that you didn't chose Pudifoot's." I told him, honestly.

"I thought so." He grinned and opened the door for me, letting me walk in first.

Cedric went straight to order our drinks, while I chose a booth at the corner, since the rest of them were either of couples eating each others faces or of drunk wizards, hitting their glasses of Firewhisky on their table.

No sooner had I sat than Cedric came with two Butterbeers.

"Hey." Cedric said.

"Hey." I reply, propping my elbow on the table and resting my chin on my palm.

"I hope you like Butterbeer, because-"

"I love it. Thanks." I interrupted.

He smiled at me and I took a sip from my glass, and risked a question because of my stupid head filled with stupid doubts, "So, am I a part of a dare, or something?"

"What?" Cedric asked, genuinely confused.

"I mean, am I a dare? Did your friends dare you to ask me to be your Valentine?" I asked, growing serious.

"What, no! Why would I want to play with your heart?" Cedric exclaimed, grabbing my hand and rubbing his thumb over it.

"It better not be." I threatened.

"It's not." He assured me.

I let my hand leave his, and take another sip of the Butterbeer. I placed the cup down just to see Cedric smirking.

"What??" I asked.

"Foam." He rolled his eyes and leans forward, and before I could wipe the foam of the Butterbeer myself, he licked the corner of my mouth.

My eyes widen and I looked at him completely flustered, "CEDRIC?!"

"You're welcome." He said, still not wiping that smirk off his face.

"I could've wiped it off myself, you know." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I had to do it. Otherwise it wouldn't have been a date." He said, finishing off his Butterbeer in one big sip.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"But, you enjoyed that didn't you?" He smirked.

I looked at him and saw the honesty in his eyes, "I'd be lying if I said I didn't."

Maybe this Valentine's Day wouldn't turn out to be that bad.