seven. (civil war)

Well, everyone, the very first chapter of Civil War! I am SO excited, you guys, are you? I sure hope so! We are now intertwined with my other OC story, but we don't have any crossovers this chapter but stayed tuned for that! I love the title of this chapter, it's so fitting! Alright, here we go! COMMENT throughout!

My partner. My soldier. My fault.

Lagos, Nigeria, May 3rd, 2016

Natasha Romanoff stays seated comfortably on her chair in the middle of the street cafe. Dark sunglasses shield her cautious green eyes and she holds a small white cup to her lips, breathing in the scent of the strong brew. A hot African wind carries along the buzzing street, catching her newly styled hair and swishing it across her face.

"All right." Steve Rogers' calm voice echoes within the commlink resting comfortably in her inner ear, "What do you see?"

A dark haired girl sitting a few tables behind Natasha glances over her shoulder and peeks from underneath her green hat, "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means...?" The supersoldier leads her on to answer the statement.

Wanda Maximoff, one of the newest members to their team, says quietly into her sleeve, "Cameras."

"Both cross streets are one-way."

"So," Wanda glances down at the newspapers splattered over her round table, all marking the robberies of the villain called, 'Crossbones', "compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." Steve continues on steadily, "See that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one?" Wanda sasses lightly, "It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof," Natasha's voice suddenly adds in, listing steadily, "which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody, probably be us

"It's also bulletproof," Natasha's voice suddenly adds in, listing steadily, "which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody, probably be us."