CHAPTER THREE

The next morning I woke to the smell of breakfast cooking. I stretched my aching limbs, got up reluctantly and roamed into the bathroom to take a shower.

The scalding hot water streamed down on me as I picked up my coconut shampoo and scrubbed my drenched hair, I have always loved taking showers, I'm not one of those people who sing their hearts out but I do find them extremely relaxing.

I squeezed my drenched hair and wrapped myself in a fluffy towel, I threw on some underwear and made my way over to my wardrobe picking out a pair of my well worn black combat leggings, a crimson red t-shirt and my black leather jacket. I put them on quickly and ran my brush through my hair, braiding it back out of my face. I didn't bother with makeup and followed the smell of breakfast down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Morning" sang my father as I walked through the door.

I paused for a moment and burst out laughing upon seeing my dad attempt to flip pancakes dressed in my old pink sparkly apron from when I was a child.

"What are you doing?" I chuckled clutching my sides.

"Being a master chef," he replied as the pancake flew out of the pan and landed on the stove making it go up in flames.

"And failing," I said grabbing the fire extinguisher.

I put the fire out and turned to face my dad.

"This is why you do the bacon and I do the pancakes," I said handing him the extinguisher.

"Well at least I did the bacon right," he said handing me a plate of bacon and eggs.

"Thanks" I replied sitting down.

We wolfed down our breakfast quickly.

"We better leave soon," he said looking up at the clock.

6:20 am

I washed off my plate and ran upstairs to grab my bag, slinging it over my shoulders I ran back downstairs and pulled on my black combat boots.

"Let's go," I said as I ran through the door eagerly.

We walked through the forest in silence.

"Hey guys, have you left yet?" I called through the pack link.

"Yeah just left," said Max.

"Yeah, meet to the right of the pack house?" Asked Zack.

"Sure" agreed both me and Max.

"Chase?" I asked noticing his absence.

"CHASE!?" I screamed.

"I'm up, I'm up," said Chase unconvincingly.

I mentally shook my head at him. We emerged through the trees and continued along the open area of the pack house square, in the middle of the open glade, there were people gathered around a stage with a large round table in its centre.

I saw Max standing with Zack where they said that they would be and turned to say goodbye to my father.

"Go with your friends," he said. "I'll go stand by the other parents.

I hugged him tightly and smiled.

"Don't burn the house down when I'm gone" I laughed pulling away.

"See you soon and good luck" he laughed letting go of my hand.

I smiled at him one more time before running over to the others.

"Hey" I sang.

"Hey" they murmured back.