Four

TRIGGER WARNING:
THERE ARE SCENES IN THIS CHAPTER THAT INVOLVES THE MENTIONS OF RAPE AND ATTEMPT OF RAPE, IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE PLEASE DO NOT READ! PM FOR A CHAPTER SUMMARY IF YOU SKIP THIS CHAPTER. I WILL MARK WHERE THE TRIGGER IS.

"Hey what happened to you yesterday?" Katherine looked up from her phone to Kelly who stood in front of her, her hands gripping the back of an empty chair. The cafeteria was chattering away as they awaited for the morning bell to ring so they can go to first period.

"Oh, right um I wasn't feeling good so I got a ride home."

"From who?"

"Rosalie Hale." She said looking back up at Kelly.

"Oh." Was all she said before sitting down in a chair. "Well, um, do you want to come with me to Port Angeles? I'm sort of looking for prom dresses." Katherine hummed.

"Sure. Who's the lucky date?"

"Oh well I don't actually have one yet but I'll probably just show up with my friends." Katherine nodded.

"Okay. Then sure." Kelly smiled widely, feeling slight jitters.

-

Katherine sat in the passengers seat, Kelly was driving towards Port Angeles after school ended, the rare sight of sunshine shone into the car window as Kelly drove. The car ride was silent between the two. Katherine noticed the look of frustration on Kelly's face.

"What's wrong?"

Kelly perked up. Her mouth slightly agape, she sat up straighter.

"Nothing, I'm fine." She smiled quickly. She was terrible at lying. And deep down Kelly knew that too.

"You don't have to talk about it but if you want to, I'm here." Katherine stated as she looked out the window as they drove closer to Port Angeles. Kelly glanced at Katherine. Kelly thought she was very pretty. She had a crush on her and it was growing more every day. She never met someone else who was gay, though Kelly herself was closeted.

"It's stupid." She stated. Katherine looked over at her.

"It can't be that bad. What is it?" Kelly sighed.

"What did you and Rosalie do after you left school?" Katherine was shocked by the question.

"Why do you want to know that?" Kelly shrugged, Katherine squinted her eyes slightly looking at her suspiciously. 

"Just....tell me please." She said quietly. Her eyes glazing over as she stared at the road in front of her. Katherine felt uneasy. She was starting to feel weirded out. Kelly was jealous, it instantly clicked with Katherine.

"We drove around for a bit before she dropped me off at home." She said. Kelly's shoulders dropped after being tensed up. She shook her head slightly.

"I'm sorry. I know I probably sound really weird but.... I don't know. I-I...." Kelly trailed off.

"Let's just forget about it then." Katherine ushered, still feeling uneasy. Kelly nodded.

"Y-Yeah."

-

Katherine sat there by the window feeling slightly awkward as Kelly sifted through different prom dresses. She kind of wishes someone else tagged along like Allie or even Karen. 

They didn't talk much as Kelly went to go try on some dresses she found so Katherine could tell her which one to go with. And at that point Katherine had no interest in being there any longer. Shopping wasn't something she liked doing but did it to be nice.