Chapter 4

Last Update. Feb 26, 2018

Not Edited.

ALENA

I walk home in a daze.

"...it appears that you are having triplets. Congratulations."

The doctor's words ring repeatedly in my head. Triplets. Three babies. Three.

I'm filled with emotions that I can't pin point. Joy? Excitement? Fear? Panic? I don't have the time to analyze what I'm feeling as the tasks I have to do rush inside my head.

I have to inform the restaurant that I can only continue working until two months for now.

I have to move to a bigger apartment. I can't continue to impose on Shara, my bestfriend, with my three children.

I have to work harder since I now have three babies to take care of.

My three angels.

I wonder what Leo would think of this news? He would've been speechless.

I smile thinking of what could've been. No Alena. Don't be pessimistic. You can still have the family you've always wanted.

My heart clenches. Reality dawns on me as the days pass but I continue to hope for the sake of my child ... children. I do not want them to grow up without knowing who their father.

I shake my head, stopping that line of thought. No, I will not let the joy of seeing my children be dampened by Leo.

As I approach the apartment gates, I notice a man ringing one of the doorbells. He is dressed in a prim brown suit and expensive looking shoes. For behind, I can see his black hair sparse with grey hair. Coming closer I realise that he is ringing the doorbell of Shara's apartment.

"Excuse me sir, are you looking for Shara? She isn't home yet."

"Oh no, I came to speak with you Mrs. McGregor." 

My body tenses hearing how he addressed me.

"You seem to be at an advantage of knowing who I am Sir ...?

"Mr. Robert Smith missus, I am Mr. McGregor's lawyer."

Upon hearing his reply, my mind goes into high alert. I keep the smile plastered on my face, hoping that it looks genuine. I take my hand out for a handshake as I reply.

"Oh I see. It is a pleasure meeting you Mr. Smith."

"Robert please"

"Alright, then please call me Alena. May I ask what you want to speak to be about?"

He suddenly gives me a sympathetic look. "I apologize Alena. But I came here to deliver bad news. I'm here to speak to you because of Mr. McGregor's demand for a divorce."

I couldn't help it, I could feel my heart breaking into pieces. I could also feel the tears trying to escape. Divorce ... Oh why my dear Leo ...

Looks like this is daddy's answer to my letter, my angels.