Chapter Forty Eight

Assalamu Alaikum.

It's indeed true that when a person discards mastering the art of writing, it threatens to leave him forever....

I started forgetting what Safaa is all about...😢😢

But it's not my fault sha.

Dearest readers Thank you so much for sticking to this story.

Thanks a lot.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

The weather had been chilly with an uproarious wind sending chills down the spine of the inhabitants of Katsina state. The sky was always marred with deep clouds and the world seems to be gloomy especially for those who had a grave problem like that of Safaa. She only found solace in her room filled with darkness where she buried herself deep into her ocean of thoughts and never raised the curtains. She avoided her Mama like a plague because the woman's anger towards her was still yet to dissipate.

Safaa smiled only when talking to her baby when it kicked, it has been more than two months now and none of the family tried to patch things up.

"You can stay in the room all your life Safaa, but you can never stop us from doing what we think is right" Her Mama made her jolt out of her reverie .

"Mama when did you come in?" Safaa sighed sitting up and resting her head on the headboard of her bed.

"You wouldn't know ai,Mtsss freshen up and come to the living room, your father summons you"

"Baba ?" Safaa internally winced in fear.

"Yes and you've got ten minutes to get ready" Mama ordered and ambled out of the room.

Safaa got up from the bed ignoring the fear she had been feeling since her Mama told her that Baba wanted to see her. Several thoughts kept flowing into her mind, maybe her Uncle had made Ahmad divorced her, or worst her Baba had taken Ahmad to court in order to get a divorce. She wiped away all of the thoughts, wore her hijab and trudged to the living room.

"Assalam..." Safaa could not finish because of the person sitting in her Baba's living room.

Her eyes became as wide as saucers and she had to grip the wall a bit because of the dizziness the impact of realising that she was not actually dreaming made her feel.

"Come in Safaa" Her father urged seeing the way she spent minutes standing by the entrance of the living room.

"Assalamu Alaikum" She mustered the courage to finish her Salam, and with her head downcast she walked and sat on the carpeted floor beneath her father.

She exchanged pleasantries with the woman sitting next to the man who was the genesis of all her problems before her father spoke.

"Moudu here came to apologise for all that he has done in the past,it is upto you to forgive him Safaa,

Moudu insisted that he wants to talk to you privately together with his wife hence I asked your mother to call you, I will leave you to talk with them but you should know that letting go will make you help him lift a burden that has been on him for long"

And with that her father left her all alone with a dry throat along with Moudu and his supposed wife. Safaa had been seething within since she saw him, wishing she could just strangle Moudu.

"Safaa I am Asiyah, Moudu's wife" Asiyah properly introduced herself.

Safaa raised her head up a bit and looked at Asiyah, a woman with a complexion that had an impeccable hue, a well sculptured figure and a smile that can make a person easily fall in love with her. Her curly eyelashes and doe-like eyes reminded Safaa of Shuwa Arab.