Afterword

Tons of love, hugs and kisses to all who laughed with me, cried with me (even screamed at me) for the past four weeks. Writing about Hunter and Alice was a great challenge as much as it was a wonderful journey.  

When I took on this task, I was terrified at first and there may have been a point when I was staring in space, and felt absolutely clueless about what to write. 

I thought the theme ‘Extraordinary Love’ was going to be easy.  But after The Fault in Our Stars, of course, John Green just raised the bars and gave a whole new meaning to the phrase.

Coming up with a plot turned my coffee and jamming nights with my friends, husband and brother-in-law into sessions of literary research.  I swear I had to learn how to play ‘In the Arms of an Angel’ on the piano just so I would feel Hunter and Alice live, grow and fall in love within me.

Hunter and Alice’s story is not just about romance.  It is about reality too.  It’s about taking a bad seed and making a garden out of it.  It’s about being on the throes of misery and then finding heaven in the middle of it.  It’s about being in a sea of pretentious, mean and deceitful people and then being rescued by an angel… wingless and beautiful in human form.

It’s about hope.  And love that gives hope is extraordinary on its own.

I would like to thank Wattpad and Fox for giving me this wonderful opportunity to promote The Fault in Our Stars movie. If it weren’t for them, I would not have met Hunter and Alice at all.  And I thank you all again, for loving Hunter and Alice as much as I did.

With every end, comes a new beginning.  So see you all in the theatres on June 6 for the movie The Fault in Our Stars, as we all laugh, cry and fall in love all over again with Hazel and Gus.   I already signed up for watching this movie at least twice!

Xoxo,

Jerilee Kaye