Chapter 6

Lena had been calling Kara's phone over and over again, but still she never picked up, she had left so many voicemails, Lena had lost count of exactly how many and on top of this she had sent at least one hundred text messages. It had been a whole twenty four hours and thirty six minutes, since Kara had ran after Mike, after her had the wrong idea of what Kara and Lena were up to the previous night. Lena was starting to get worried, this wasn't like Kara, as a journalist it was like her job to be tuned into society and that meant always having her phone handy for the latest updates in pop culture and current affairs and in CLD (Current Lena Drama.) 

Lena was pacing up and down the length of her apartment, out of all the days she had off of work it had to be this one, now the only thing she could think about was Kara, not that, that was unusual for her but usually she thought of her in very different ways. After hours of debating in her own head, Lena had finally decided to head over to Kara and Mike's apartment but just as she swung the door open she was met with Kara's red blotchy, post crying face staring back at her with watery eyes, her shaking hands holding onto a small suitcase placed behind her slightly. 

Lena sighed a breath of relief, happy to see that her best friend was still alive, as much as she hated Mike she knew that deep down he would never physically hurt Kara, even he wasn't as crazy as that. Lena pulled Kara into the safety of her apartment. Pulling her into a hug as she did so and closing the door behind them. Kara stood there for a minute wrapped up in Lena's arms, breathing in the comforting smell of Lena that was now a apart of her life.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Lena asked quietly, not moving from her position, as Kara clung tighter to her, like she was hanging on to the Luthor for dear life. Lena felt Kara's head shake against her shoulder, showing that she really did not want ti talk about it, or anything at all. The two women stood like that for a while longer just finding comfort within each other, not feeling the need to talk or move. 

Finally Kara pulled back slightly taking of her glasses as she wiped the remnants of her tears away from her still wet face. Lena looked at her broken best friend sadly, the last time she had seen Kara in such a state was when her favourite restaurant had shut down, when the pair were in high school. 

"Do you mind if I just sleep, I'm so tired." Kara mumbled, her shoulders slumped over, Lena nodded as she watched Kara walk slowly through to her bedroom, trailing the suitcase behind her. Lena only stopped watching her when Kara shut the bedroom door quietly behind her. Lena sat her own body down on the couch in the living room, when out if nowhere a sudden, deep seeded feeling of anger began to build up in her abdomen. How dare he turn Kara into this. Lena thought angrily to herself as she clenched her fists tightly, leaving marks in her own skin. 

Lena wasn't sure what to do now, with this angry feeling in the pit of her stomach, usually she would have ranting therapy with Kara for whatever bothered her which always made her feel like her old self, but obviously that option was off the table for two main reasons. one being Kara was currently needing her own therapy session, and two the person who was making Lena so unbelievably angry was Mike, who was Kara;s fiance, or should I say Ex Fiance, Lena hadn't a clue at this point. 

Suddenly Lena's phone beeped loudly, she went over to the kitchen counter and looked at the text message, squinting slightly, her eyes still sensitive to the brightness of her phone screen after not getting a whole load of sleep the night before. Plus she had do idea who could be texting her, when Kara was sleeping in the next room, she was practically Lena's only friend. 

Hey Lena, I was wondering If you could tell Kara that I'm back in the city and ask her if she would like to go out to dinner tomorrow night, there is something I need to tell her. And of course you're welcome to come as well, you are family after all. 

- Alex 

Lena smiled as she replied back a quick message to Alex's sister, something to get Kara out of the apartment would be a good distraction from Mike. Plus Lena herself was excited to see Alex again, it had been a while since their last catch up. Her, Alex and Kara used to be known as the three musketeers at school, inseparable. 

Lena peered in her bedroom, to check if Kara was asleep, which she was, she was snoring peacefully, a trait that used to drive Lena up the walls whenever they had sleepovers, or when they were room mates in college, but now she just found it endearing. Hopefully Kara would be able to have fun tomorrow, and if all goes well it would be like Mike never existed.  

Authors Note:

Hey guys I hope that you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for the reads, votes and comments it means a lot!