Chapter 35.

~Bethany~

As soon as the pilot announced we'd be landing in about 10 mintues, the nerves started.

First, a little tremble in my hands.

Then, my foot started tapping, followed by my leg bouncing.

I looked over at August to see him rubbing his hands together.

He caught my eyes and winked.

I rolled my eyes, and glanced at Nathan to see if he saw, but he's still rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

Good. I don't have to explain that.

About half an hour later, we were in a car on the way to August's rent house.

"How far is it?" I asked, handing Angel a snack.

"Not far," August replied simply, making a left turn.

A heavy feeling settled in my stomach, and I realized the houses begin to look familiar.

The car pulled into a driveway and stopped.

"Nice house."

"August, I am not staying here." Nathan and I said at the same time.

"Thanks man." August replied, ignoring me.

I know he ain't just...

"August I know you heard me."

August pressed a button and pulled into the garage as it opened.

"B, don't start. It's a house okay?" He replied, turning the car off and getting out.

"What's wrong with this house?" Nathan questioned, glancing between me and August.

August chuckled as he popped the trunk and pulled out our suitcases.

"Let's just say, Bethany's been here before." He chuckled again.

"And what do you mean by that?"

August popped up the handle of his suitcase and hefted his carry-on bag into his shoulder, before replying.

"This is my house. It's the house Bethany and I were gonna raise our family in."

August opened the door into the house and walked in, pressed the button to let the garage down.

I roll my eyes.

He did not have to say that.

"This dude..." Nathan sucked his teeth and opened the car door, unbuckling Angel from her car seat and taking her out as well.

I sighed.

Well this day went south fast.

I helped Nathan get the rest of the bags out and followed him into the house.

Surprisingly, I wasn't overtaken with past memories in this house as I walked through it.

Nathan took a seat on the couch downstairs while Angel and I walked upstairs.

I nearly bumped into August who walked out a doorway, closing it behind him.

"Oh, uh..." He paused. "I was just...uh."

I gave him a skeptical look.

"Just what?"

He sighed.

"Do you remember this room?" He gestured at the closed door.

It dawned on me that I did, and a pain went through my chest.