Chapter 1

Camila's P.O.V

Wingston Harbor was located on a very small, uncharted island

Wingston Harbor was located on a very small, uncharted island. This microscopic island only has 1,567 people living on it. It was founded in 1883 by Fredrick Wingston. Fredrick Wingston came from a long line of fishermen, and wanted the island to become a fishing port. Well, he got his wish. That's the only reason this place isn't broke. The fish are getting us big bucks to keep the electricity and water going.

Most girls my age would want to take the next ferry out of here, but I don't want to leave Wingston Harbor. It's my home. The only place I've ever known. Besides, the Internet is a great place to explore the world. Plus, Wingston Harbor's Candy Shop is the only place where I can get sea glass candy. Candy greatly triumphs over the outside world in my mind.

On the island, everyone has a role. My family's role was running the only breakfast and bed inn on the island. My mom named it The One Bed and Breakfast. Pretty funny right? My mom's sense of humor was endless. I had to get it from somewhere I guess. Well, I'm not 100 percent sure I got my sense of humor from my mom. I was adopted from Cuba when I was six-months-old.

"Karla!" My mom yelled, "Dinah's here waiting for you."

I rolled my eyes. Mom was the only one who called me Karla. Everyone usually just called me Camila because of my middle name. My parents wanted to keep me in touch with my Cuban culture but also have there own mark on me. That's how I became Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao.

"I'm coming!" I shouted.

I checked over my outfit before leaving. It was the last day of school so naturally everyone dressed fancier to make that final impression on all our peers. Even with that said, my outfit wasn't much different from what I usually wore. A pair of jean shorts, a navy blue shirt, and a cheep pearl necklace my great Aunt Maria gave me. I grabbed my black vans and started to head towards the dinning area. When I got there, I saw Dinah stuffing her face with pancakes. Wait...PANCAKES?!?!? I love pancakes! I whipped around to look at my mom. She never made pancakes. She said if I wanted them so much I should make them myself.

Mom laughed. "I made them for your last day of school."

"Why? You never make breakfast."

"You deserve it. My baby is going to be a junior in high school!" Mom kissed my cheeks. "Now stop complaining, and eat your pancakes."

She handed me a plate of pancakes with some sea glass candy on the side. My smile split my face. If there was anything I loved more than pancakes it was sea glass candy. I am completely obsessed with it. I love the taste and the feel of it. I couldn't go a day with eating at least two pieces. Dinah said that I must lace drugs into the candy because when I don't eat some, I get extremely cranky. Not many people get my sea glass candy obsession.

"Chancho, dude, if you eat any slower the slug I saw on the side of the road three miles back will catch up with us. Let's go!" Dinah whined.

I didn't respond, but started to eat even slower. Dinah grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the chair. Laughing, Dinah and I said goodbye to my mom and started to walk to school.

Yes, walk. Wingston Harbor was so tiny you could stub your toe on one side of the island and someone else could feel it on the other.

Dinah and I talked about nothing really. She got crabby though, when she saw what I was wearing.

"Bro, what is wrong with you? It's the last day of school and you're dressed like a bum. Even Austin the Douchebag is wearing a a grey t-shirt!"

"Austin the Douchebag is wearing something lighter than black?" I asked, baffled. Austin the Douchebag always wore black!

"Yup. "

"We all can't be fashionistas now can we Dinah Jane?"

Dinah grinned. "I didn't spend all that time in the closet for nothing."

Yeah, Dinah was as gay as the Fourth of July. Dinah was also the great-great-great granddaughter of Fredrick Wingston. She's the most popular bisexual in town. Even if you didn't like it, people respected her for her ancestry. I, however, was second most famous gay in Wingston Harbor. So, as expected as the only two gays in Wingston Harbor, our friendship was pretty awesome. Mom would even let her spend the night sometimes, but we have to sleep on the couch.

____________

Everyone at school was talking about the party tonight. The Summer Fuse was for all the high schoolers as a way to kick off the summer. The whole reason we were still even going to school was because this stupid school had to make our exams the last few days to make sure we actually come.

"Are we going to the Summer Fuse?" I asked Dinah.

Dinah turned to face me, with her eyebrows raised. "I didn't think you wanted to go. Do you?"

"Yeah," I shrugged, "I thought you would want to. It's your big chance to make-out with Normani!"

Dinah gave a goofy grin. "That is a very good reason. I guess you know what this means."

"What?"

"We're going to go shopping."

"No!" I groaned.

"Yes!" Dinah imitated my voice.

"Why do we have to?"

"Because, you're still wearing bathing suits from two years ago."

When I opened my mouth to protest, Dinah put her hand over it. I immediately stuck my tongue out, and started to lick her hand. Dinah blew air out of her nose, making her sound like an irritated dog.

"Licking my hand does nothing to defeat me. You need new bathing suits and we ARE going shopping for them. Right after school we'll go to the Surf Shop. Okay?"

"Okay," I said, but it came out muffled by her hand.

The bell rang for first period. Dinah pulled her hand away and started towards her World History class.

"Good luck!" I yelled.

"See you on the flip side," Dinah called over her shoulder.

I smiled and shook my head. Dinah was such a loser.