53.

Having your boyfriend's mother, who you've recently just met, find you and her own son canoodling together is quite embarrassing. But having Mrs. Thompson find you is a whole other ball game.

Saying it was an embarrassing even would be a complete understatement. Especially since you can automatically see judgement in her eyes. She doesn't even bother in trying to hide it. If she is disgusted with you, you will definitely know. Whether you like it or not, she forces you to know.

I was beginning to become very accustomed to Mrs. Thompson's condescending attitude. I'd only known her over this short time period, but her rude comments weren't even a surprise anymore. So I wasn't even remotely bothered when she bursted into the room like a big ball of fire. It took her no time at all and she was full of heated comments about our situation and how irresponsible we were.

I wasn't even awake until I heard her slam the door behind her. she tore into the room and flung open the curtains on the other side of the room. Based on the bright white, winter light that immediately streamed in and the now extinguished fireplace, I'd say it had been hours since we fell asleep.

I winced at the new lighting and attempted to rub the sleep from my eyes. I could hear her heels clacking around the room behind us and she would be in front of us in no time. I re-closed my eyes and groaned at the thought of even being awake. I wish I could just hit the snooze button that was Mrs. Thompson and curl back up with Theo.

But I knew better than to fight her on anything, so I reached behind me and grabbed ahold of Theo's shoulder. I give him a quick shake, but he wouldn't budge.

"Theo, get up." I whispered trying to get him to sit up before his mother was on us.

"Uh-uh." He grunted as he shook his head, eyelids still sealed shut.

I rolled my eyes.

"Theo, come on. You need to get up!" I whisper shouted.

"Noo. Just come back to sleep with me." His voice was still husky from sleep as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back so I was laying down next to him.

I chuckled at his actions and playfully struck his arm.

"Theo, seriously your mom is in here and—"

"And you should be up by now, Theodore. If I taught you anything, it'd be that waking up at a decent time was a crucial part of being a grown-up, yet you still act as if you were a little boy." Her voice had come out of no where.

I swear she had the ears of a fruit bat. She could hear everything no matter how close or far away from the conversation she actually was. I guess you could say that was a skill of hers.

"Oh. Good morning to you too, mother." He said in the most sarcastic and cheery voice he could muster this early. "Always such a delight, aren't you?" Theo questioned with a fake grin as he began to sit up beside me. I watched him as he began to adjust to being awake, he ran a hand over his sleepy face and slight stubble that was growing along his jawline.

Theo's mother matched his sugary sweet smile with one of her own. "It's a specialty of mine."

"It's almost bad enough that I have to spend four days here with you, but now you're my own personal wake up call?" Theo pointed his hateful comment at her.

I turned to look at Mrs. Thompson in just enough time to catch her small look of hurt, something I had never seen in the short time I knew her, but it wasn't long before she turned towards the fireplace to distract herself by wiping a critical finger across the top of the mantle, inspecting for dust before crossing her arms and turning back to us.