09 → Kites

Days came to pass and Dia came and went

Days came to pass and Dia came and went. She would play with the Barton children that were still visiting, and they would play with Buscuit. Dia would go to work and come back at early hours in the morning, crossing paths with more than one early riser in the compound but they never saw her and they never suspected anything.

Not all days were easy for the visiting girl, she would get anxiety attacks at random moments and all she could do is take a walk and take her medication, hoping that it would pass fast. Walking isn't the only thing that makes her feel better after an attack, dancing seems to do the trick. She just puts on some music and dances along. Sometimes there's no choreography, other times the dancing is on point, Dia just unwinds and that helps her.

Because of Dia's working hours, there are times that she sleeps in until noon, it doesn't help that Sam found Dia's Awesome Mix Vol. 1 and 2 lying on the table days ago. Him and the rest of the Avengers seem to like those two cassettes and play them in the morning very loudly. Dia would groan and roll over in her bed and cover her head with the pillows.

The loud music at seven in the morning reminded her of her childhood. Her mother playing some loud songs in Spanish, yelling at her and her siblings to get up and clean the house. Dia knows that once she wakes up to Selena songs, it's time to get the Fabuloso and start sweeping. Granted that there will be more singing and dancing than actual cleaning, but you were not allowed to rest until the house was spotless. But today was not one of those days.

The Avengers were woken up by the giggling of the Barton children as they broke rule number three, running in the hallway.

"How are they still running around?" Sam questioned as he looked out the large window and saw the Barton children flying kites outside with Clint and Laura "those kids have been up since seven in the morning. It's almost twelve!"

"Looks like you're getting old" Bucky smirked.

"Whatever grandpa, at least I'm much more younger than you" Sam rolled his eyes. Bucky opened his mouth to say something but Wanda interrupted them "can we go one day without you two arguing?"

"The day Sam and Bucky stop arguing, will be the day all of you become more observant" Natasha spoke up "and it better be soon"

"What is that suppose to mean?" Steve questioned.

"You're losing your eyesight, old man" Tony blurted out as he played on his phone. Steve narrowed his eyes at Tony but said nothing.

"Nat, why are you so worked up about us not being observant. We observe" Bruce calmly said.

Natasha scoffed "yeah right"

Tony smirked and didn't remove his eyes from the screen of his phone. He knows why Natasha is cranky about that, especially today. If the Avengers don't notice Dia by the end of the day, then Natasha has officially lost the bet, leaving Clint and Tony to win the bet. It's almost midday and Tony can already hear Natasha grumbling as she lost the bet and then it'll be Clint and they will be forced to give up twenty dollars each. Yes, Tony can already picture his victory.