Chapter thirty one

"Famous singer Y/n Y/ln was hospitalized-"

"Lead singer of Envy was in a fatal car cra-"

"Sources say the singer is paralyzed from the-"

"Do they have anything else on?!" Viv snapped as every channel was about her bandmate.

"I'm trying, Vivian." Ellie muttered weakly as she settled for cutting the tv off.

Everyone was on edge. As soon as they got the call about their bandmate being in a car crash, they rushed to the hospital. Ellie was trying to keep Viv from killing everyone, Dana was trying to keep Ellie from bursting into the tears. The last anyone heard was that Y/n was in surgery.

"Melissa stop rubbing my back, I'm not a child." Viv bit and leaned forward, making Ellie's hand fall off of her back.

"Have you called your mom yet?" Ellie asked softly, not wanting to push the girl off the edge.

Viv groaned and buried her head in her hands.

"No, not yet. I want to have something to tell her before I do." As if Vivian spoke it into existence, a doctor walked over to them.

"Hi, family of Y/n?" He asked with a scruffy voice.

The three nodded and stood up.

The doctor looked down at his clipboard and tried to contain his sigh of sympathy.

"She's um she's currently in a coma-" Viv let out a strangled sound that got caught in her throat before sitting back down and dropping her head in her arms. He audibly gulped and looked at the other two.

"When we found her, she had a piece of metal from the car door lodged into her spine. We successfully removed it and there were no complications there. Right now it's just a waiting game on if Y/n decides to wake up."

"If? You mean when, right?" Ellie asked with fear laced in her voice. 

"Waking up from a coma is never promised but we're going to give it our all for your friend." He smiled politely despite the situation. "Do you have any questions?"

Viv sniffed and looked up. "Can I..can I see her?" He nodded and took a step back.

"Yeah, just follow me."

The three followed him down the white halls. When they walked through a white door with the sign that read 'icu' they all knew Y/n wasn't okay at all.

"Here you go." He pushed a door open and held it for them. "You guys should try to talk to her. Believe it or not, many people recall conversations when they come out of a coma." He smiled at them before closing the door.

Vivian was the first to walk to the hospital bed where Y/n laid. She chuckled lightly and took the chair at her bedside.

"What are you laughing at?" Ellie asked and sat on the opposite side.

Vivian shook her head and pointed at Y/ns face.

"Gets hit by a diesel truck but has barely a scratch on her face." They all looked over the girls face and couldn't help but chuckle also. Only thing on her face was a small hello kitty bandage covering the corner of her eyebrow.

After the hunor left, they returned back to the state of sorrow.

Y/n laid on the bed with a tube attached to her nose. Her chest rising and falling with each beep the machine made.

"Um excuse me?" They looked up as a nurse walked in. He held a small see through plastic bag. "We found this in Y/ns car, it was still on but the screen is frozen. Just thought you guys would want it." He shurgged and handed the bag to Dana.