"Nightmare Man" || Chapter 15

(THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! For all of the love and support you guys have been sending me. It makes me feel loved and more inspired to keep on going with this story. I love you all so much! <3)

"John Lloyd Pov"

We all sat in silence, not one has said a word after (Y/n)'s freakout. Playing with a pencil and flicking it into another direction. Taking the eraser and playing with it also to ease the awkward tension thats brewing. Hearing the relaxing music playing throughout the entire mall that's echoing through the giant building. Everybody is gone now, the only people that remain here are (Y/n), me, and Susan. I peek over at the door to see the last person head out of the building, Feeling the tense air around me thicken as I look at a drained (Y/n) who seemed like she had enough of today and just wanted to go home already.

Maddie has been gone for a bit now, I wanted to go outside and check up on her, but I want to make sure (Y/n)'s ok first. (Y/n)'s face was down on the desk as she surpasses a sigh, putting her arms as a pillow for her face. Susan sat across from her while I sat right next to her, trying and giving her fun books and making jokes but so far she's pretty quiet, constantly looking out the window that leads to the 7-eleven. I did a short breath, rubbing circles on (Y/n)'s shirt.

"So... What should we do?" Susan awkwardly brought up, making me and (Y/n) look up at her. (Y/n) raised her eyebrows in a unsure manner, fiddling her thumbs around unknowingly.

"I don't know, I was thinking I would go looking for Madd-" I quickly added to my older sibling with my jokey attitude going away for a while, heading to the door before (Y/n) quickly interrupted me jumping in front of the door.

"NO WAY IN HELL~" (Y/n) raised her voice with a boom that echoed the empty building, as she was blocking the entrance from me. I stopped and jumped a bit from her tone of voice while she gulped giving me a knowing look.

"(Y/n) I get that your nervous but we have to make sure that Maddie is ok." I calmly and sternly told the (H/c)-haired girl as I head towards the doors again, (Y/n) using her hands to stop me in a quick manner having a hard time to regain her composure.

"Don't you think i'm worried about Maddie to? I want to look for her to but I'm not going to risk either of you getting yourselves in danger..." (Y/n) gravely utterted, letting go of her hands slowly but still blocking my path.

Before I could make a good and reasonable reply to the fuming girl, we all hear the door open. The three of us turn to the bell that connected to the front entrance, (Y/n) especially turning quickly to the source of the noise. Our chubby friend with the large glasses entered the building breathing heavily and looking shocked, angry, and a need to tell us something. She stopped in her tracks and put her hands on her knees as she caught her breath. What caught my eye was the lack of snacks and how quickly she ran into that door. I quickly stood up and stood as (Y/n) copied my motion but standing next to me. I quickly wrapped my hand around her's not truly thinking about it but letting my instincts take over.

Susan quickly put down her book which fell into the floor and got out of her chair, running towards her co-worker and rubbing her cheeks in smooth matter which caused Maddie to take more calming breaths and her shoulders relaxing. (Y/n) let out a sigh of relief and smiled which looked a little more brighter than before. She started to let go of my fingers slowly and taking a second to peek over to look at me before she went over to the two girls; standing right next to Susan as she patted Maddie's back, while I stood there feeling my anxiety bubble down when she entered the room though still feeling unsure of what to feel due to Maddie's odd expression she was making to all of us.

"John..." Maddie squealed quietly her adrenaline calming down and turning her direction towards me as I listened to her. I walked up to join the girls. (Y/n) and Susan listened in on the conversation with interest but dread.