Chapter Twenty Six

I had wondered back upstairs to pout and fell asleep. The smell that woke me up was working it's way into my room through the open window. I walked to it feeling hunger knotting my stomach into a grinding sound and was overjoyed to see Blake and another tall and lanky boy sitting at the side of the grill. They were talking and laughing. Alcohol was in coolers around the porch and I knew that I was going to fall victim to Cecilia waltzing around in short shorts during this party that nobody informed me of. 

"Vivian, honey, come on." My mother urged me from the other side of the door. I realized it was locked and sat up. I tugged my shirt into place slipped my shoes on and fixed my hair. I opened the door and she walked in. "We're having a party to honor Viper's arrival home!" 

"Of course we are." I tucked my phone into my pocket and wandered down the stairs behind my mother. She looked irritated that I hadn't wanted to attend since it was my idea and rescue mission that brought him home in the first place. 

"Now, Vivian. There's going to be a variety of guests here, and I think you should-"

"I'm inviting Savannah." I said, breaking away from mom's path to the door. I stepped outside onto the hot top and dialed. 

"Hello?" She asked taken back by a second call. 

"There's a party for Viper, come."

"I'm coming, I'm coming." She said, and I heard her move form her bed quickly. 

"Do you have a car or do you need a ride?"

"I've got one, Jacko's up." 

"Good, speed." I hung up and scowled. I didn't want to be here, and I wanted even less to be here alone. I grabbed a drink from the cooler and cracked it open a bit. I took a slow sip and let the alcohol work it's way through my system. My mother grabbed it from my hand and I gasped. 

"Vivian! There is no need to be drinking alcohol!" I looked at her in the face, with anger burning my cheeks. I shut my eyes and groaned. 

"Viper gets to drink."

"It's his party, don't be inconsiderate." I shot her a sour face and pushed from the driveway to walk inside when Savannah pulled in. My mother headed inside with a nose turned up with my drink in hand. 

"Bitch." I muttered and Savannah approached trying not to snicker. I bit back a laugh and watched her face change as she mocked my mother. 

"This is why we're friends," she said, "I mock your mother and fall in love with your brother. You love me anyway. Oh, and don't worry about.." She motioned towards the direction my mother stormed off in and then tugged on her purse. I saw a silver bottle, and a clear one and silently thanked the lord for miracles. 

"That's why we're friends," I said, "your mother's a flight attendant with an alcoholic tendency and I'm protected by mine." She laughed and we walked inside. We headed for my room to hide the alcohol and then returned to the party just in time. Viper was walking into the hallway as we were walking out. 

"What's wrong?" Savannah asked in her seductive voice. 

"Fighting with Ce-Ce." He headed to his room and I nodded towards Savannah. She followed and grabbed his arm.

"Hey, want to talk about it?" She winked at him and he caught her offer. 

"Sure." He winked back and they headed off. I swallowed hard and knew the next mission. Finding Cecilia. I walked the rest of the way down the stairs and into the living room. Mother was out of view and loud music raged from the deck. Drunk guys and girls danced on each other and made out in not so secret locations. I closed my eyes and sighed, trying to focus. I walked towards the patio, where I was sure Cecilia would be when his arm hooked mine. 

"Hey, I think I remember you." My eyes blurred and then focused on the eyes of red headed Ringo. I tried to pry myself away. 

"No, I don't think so. I'm trying to find someone, please let me go."

"I do know you! Hey baby! You already found me!" He smiled and the alcohol smell permeated my personal space. I backed up as far as I could and pleaded with my eyes. His nails were into my skin and I wanted to hit him. 

"Please," I muttered, "I'm looking for-"

"I know! Me! I found you." 

"No!" I yelled and the room didn't quiet to see what the scene was, "I'm not looking for you." 

"Well, I'm looking for you. You owe me something," he drew me in close and pressed me against him. I could feel his body and I cringed. 

"No," I whispered, "you're mistaking me for someone else." 

"You're my whore."

"No, I'm my brother's twin. I'm a minor. I'm taken. I'm gay." I rambled off every excuse to get him off of me. He pressed harder, and his hand slipped lower on my back. I shut my eyes and tried not to scream. It would ruin my brother and Savannah's moment. My heart rate was exploding and I felt the sweat beading when the voice was close to my ear. 

"Hey, could I cut in." She sounded familiar and Ringo liked the look of her. He slid me out of his grasp and then took her in. Cecilia twirled with him for a minute and then she pulled back. 

"What baby?" He asked, raising a brow. 

"Don't you ever touch her again." She raised a fist and punched him hard. He went slack and hit the ground. Nobody seemed to notice and she grabbed an arm. "Well?" She asked. Scared, I walked back to him and grabbed the other. We slid him across the floor and to the couch. Slowly, we grunted and hoisted him to it and set a beer next to him. "There." She said, "It's like he just passed out." She wiped her hands and turned to me. "Are you okay?" She asked. I turned and ran into my room silently praying she would follow. Her footsteps sounded softer than mine even though she had the height advantage over the two of us. She caught me at the door and spun me on my heels. I faced her and she smiled at me weakly.

"Hi." I whispered.

"Hi." She tucked a strand of hair into my ear and then hugged me close. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," I muttered, "not the first time." I hugged her back and she nuzzled her face into my neck. I heard footsteps sound close to Viper's door and tried to get her to kiss me. I pulled back and stroked her cheek gently. She smiled at me and I leaned in. She got close to my lips and breathed on them lightly. She smiled at me and then ran her finger over them. 

"Not now," she kissed the bottom one gently and then turned towards Viper's door. Savannah surfaced first and I watched Cecilia's face contort in pain. "Viper?" Her voice broke and Savannah rounded the corner into my room and shut the door. The sound of engines in the driveway suggested mom was clearing out the party guests. I watched as Cecilia stormed into Viper's and slammed the door. I shut my eyes and stroked my hair and rubbed my temples. I debated on which door to storm into and frowned. Cecilia was most likely crying, and Viper probably didn't give a fuck. Savannah was upset and probably half drunk by now. I debated the choice and thought of Savannah speaking about Troy, my only ex boyfriend. 

"Bros before hoes." She laughed, "Or is it chicks before dicks." I sighed. Cecilia and Savannah were both chicks and my brother was definitely a dick. I turned and knocked before entering just to be safe.