Epilogue

I sighed as I watched Willow run with Solomon towards the porch, her stride smooth and calculated as she easily outran her best friend.

She was almost eighteen and would be taking over the pack soon. She trains so hard and I couldn't think of someone more suited and enthusiastic for the job.

I laughed when Lily appeared behind them, out of breath and clearly frustrated as her big hazel eyes squinted.

"Learn to keep up!" Willow yelled, her light brown hair sashaying behind her as she slowed to a jog up the porch.

I watched as she greeted Pierre and Giselle with a smile, and she turned toward Kieran who sat with his sons as they devoured whatever meat they had pulled off the grill.

I walked outside, sitting next to Kieran and Giselle, smiling when he kissed my cheek before chopping down on another burger.

I watched Willow. She was so beautiful and honest, and strong. Everything I'd always hoped she be.

"Are you okay mom?" She asked as she sat between her brothers.

"Yes. I'm just proud of you all." She said.

I watched as Willow smiled at me, her dimples showing before she went to the ice chest.

"We did good, didn't we?" Kieran whispered to me.

"We certainly did." I said as I watched Willow stand, her gaze at the tree line as she took a step off the porch.

"Did you guys see that?" She asked as she turned, her big blue-green eyes wide with curiosity.

I turned my attention to the direction she pointed, seeing nothing except the slight twitch of a branch in the distance.

"Oh sis, you're so paranoid." Eric said after gulping from his soda.

"I'm serious! I-I swore I saw a man." She said as she waved her hand as if it were obvious.

"We would've smelled him when we were on our run." Solomon said.

She tilted her head in deep thought as she stared at the tree line before turning around.

"I swear I saw a man. He had the strangest red eyes." She said as she came back up the steps.