E n c o u n t e r s

Chapter 4: Encounters

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"Park!"

The loud call of his name drew Chanyeol's attention from the rummaged insides of his sports locker and turned his head to Kim Jongin, the quarterback. It was hard not to notice the man's well-toned body with the sweat of post-practice glistening on his skin. However, their relationship did not go beyond the walls of the Yonsei stadium.

Perhaps the latter hadn't caught on and Chanyeol's lack of interaction gave no indication as to his true feelings behind closed doors, but it wasn't enough to change the fact that Park Chanyeol felt a little more than just dislike for someone who he tried to be amicable with for the last four years.

"What is it?" Grabbing his black duffle bag out of the weathered locker, Chanyeol then made a swift move to close it.

Grinning, Jongin laughed as he put a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder. "Whoa. What's with that voice? Grumpy much?"

"I'm just a little tired."

"It's barely two weeks into the semester. You can't be that tired yet."

"I'm taking more units this time around," Chanyeol said, lacking any desire to carry on with the conversation anymore. "But that's not important. What'd you need me for?"

"I just wanted to let you know the rest of the guys and I were going to head out to grab something to eat. Do you want to come?"

The offer didn't interest him, but Chanyeol smiled nonetheless. "I'm alright. Thanks."

"Ah, come on, Park," Jongin responded, rolling his eyes and playfully hitting the latter on the arm with a jab. "Bond with team. Let's rough up the freshmen recruits or something."

Chanyeol shook his head, declining the offer. "Sorry. I kind of made plans with my roommate at seven. Rain check?"

Shrugging, Jongin flashed a smirk as he began walking past the latter. "Next time, though. I'm making you come along."

"For sure."

Jongin left him as fast as he arrived, and Chanyeol couldn't help but watch as he smoothly approached their other team mates with the same offer (and grin attached). There were several instances over the course of their time together in which he pondered at certain events, wondering if things had been different, what their relationship could have been like.

Yet it was hard to forget that the cause of their friendship and bond breaking apart was ultimately because of Byun Baekhyun and the day Chanyeol walked into the locker room one late evening only to witness his team mate violently thrusting into the dark brunet's body. It was there, pressed against the worn and faded blue lockers, that Baekhyun's hazy brown eyes met the giant's own for the first time.

However, their introduction was brief, cut short as Baekhyun moaned and Chanyeol receded back to the exit, leaving almost immediately thereafter.

And to that day, Jongin remained unaware of the exchange.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

a/n: If you have any questions, ask! I'll try to answer, but not spoilers. Anyways! Hope this gives you all a little insight on how they first met (lol which isn't great) Secondly thank you for the upvotes and comments! Always appreciate them!

With that being said, leave me a comment! I'm very VERY lonely! (cr. Drew Monson)

twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

ko-fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (if you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! ヽ( ̄~ ̄ )ノ )