Play and Power Source?

Mew's POV

"Papa" I mumble nuzzling into his chest as he picks me up.

"Time to wake up kitten" he says calling me by my old nickname.

"No, sleep" I say snuggling into his warm chest as he walks out of the jet.

"If you don't wake up, I won't get you sushi for dinner" he whispers and I'm suddenly wide awake. "That's my Mew" he says chuckling as he puts me down. I rub my eyes t\yawning as my tail swishes behind me. "Come Mew" he calls and I follow him happily.

We end up in a meeting room to see Fury talking to Loki, who is in a glass cage on screen. Loki was talking about how the cage was built for a mindless beast. Saying Fury must be desperate to ask for a lost creature's help to defend him. "He's wrong" I tell papa holding his hand.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate" Fury tells Loki. He has to be wrong. Just because Loki is the god of lies and mischief, does not mean he kills innocent people. Right?

"It burns you to come so close" Loki tells Fury. "To have the Tesseract, to have power. Unlimited power, and for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is" Loki states.

"Well let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something" Fury states leaving the room as the screen turns off.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he" papa states.

"Loki's gonna drag this out" Steve states. Still in his Captain America suit, but without his helmet. "So Thor, what's his play?" he asks.

"He has an army, called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract" Thor explains.

"An army, from out of space" Steve says.

"So he's building another portal" I say.

"That's what he needs Erik Selvig for" Papa adds.

"Selvig?" Thor says.

"He's an astrophysicist" Papa tells him.

"He's a friend" Thor states.

"Loki has them under some kind of spell. Along with one of ours" Natasha states.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here" Steve states.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him" Papa states and I glare at him letting go of his hand. "Sorry Mew, I meant no offense" he tells me.

"Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother!" Thor says loudly as I cover my ears.

"Keep your voice down" Steve tells him.

"He killed eighty people in two days" Natasha adds.

"He's adopted" Thor adds. I tune out until Tony Stark enters not wearing his Ironman suit. I only tune in when they start to talk about a power source.

"He'd have to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier" papa states.

"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect" Tony tells him.

"Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet" Papa and I state.

"Finally, someone who speaks English" Tony states smiling at us. Then shakes papa's hand. "It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster" he tells papa.

"Thanks" Papa says. "This is my daughter Mew" he adds as I look up at Tony.

"Dr. Banner and Mew are only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join them" Fury tells Tony as he enters the room.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon" Steve states.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys" Fury states.

"Monkeys? I do not understand" Thor says confused.

"I do!" Steve exclaims and I glare at him covering my ears. Tony rolls his eyes, while Captain America looks proud of himself. "I understood that reference" he mumbles.

"Shall we play doctor?" Tony asks.

"Follow me" Papa tells him. "Mew, you carry this and be careful with it" he tells me as I am handed Loki's scepter.  I carry to the lab following papa and Tony as they talk.

A/N

Picture above of Bruce, Steve and Tony in the lab on the Helicarrier. Picture on the external link of Loki in his cage.