The Games Begin (Nico DiAngelo/3rd Person)

Nico DiAngelo's POV

The tributes weren't allowed to see each other on the day of the Games before the gong went off. Nico was awoken by a sharp knock at his door. The depressed demi-god rolled over in his bed and sat up.

The door opened quickly and a few guards walked in, ready to escort him out. "Get dressed. We leave in five." One of them ordered, tossing clothes at him. His outfit entering the arena was a plain black long sleeved shirt and black pants that clasped closely at the ankle. He also got a pair of plain black tennis shoes.

Nico quickly got dressed and the guards rushed him to the door. They rode up the elevator to the roof of the training center, where a helicopter waited with the door open. Nico hopped in and someone did up his seatbelt for him, much to his humiliation. But these people didn't care about humiliating or shaming Nico. They only cared about getting him glamourosly killed or about him turning into a glamorous murderer.

"Arm, please." Spoke a lady as the helicopter took flight. Nico held out his arm. She twisted it forearm side up and stuck a long syringe into his skin. "Ah!" Nico flinched as he felt something go into his arm.

"It's just a tracker." The lady explained in a slightly annoyed tone.

The helicopter flew for several hours. Nico tried not to think of what was directly ahead of him.

Finally the helicopter began descent, and Nico still couldn't believe what was happening as he was escorted directly into a metal hatch in the ground. He scaled down a ladder into a large room with a tube on the far end and a sophisticated living-room center with couches and a table with water bottles. It was now only Nico and his mentor.

This whole Games thing was feeling a lot more real. Nico drank on some water. The room was completely silent. His mentor hadn't really taken an interest in the sullen teenage boy, so Nico had received minimal help regarding tips about the Games. He only really knew the rules of the Games, and that he didn't want to get killed.

"Tribute, enter your launch capsule." A mechanized female voice spoke evenly through a speaker.

The mentor sat down on the couch, crossed his legs, leaned back, and put his arms out at his sides, over the top of the cushions. He watched Nico wordlessly as Nico stepped onto the ledge to enter the tube.

He took a deep breath and stepped into the capsule. A glass panel rose in front of him, trapping him inside. And then he was being lifted out of the room, and into the arena.

The sunlight was bright. When his eyes adjusted, Nico realized that he was in a grassy clearing. A plain aluminum cornucopia sat in the middle of twenty-four raised ledges where each of the tributes now stood. There were about twenty feet separating the tributes from the cornucopia, and twenty feet behind them until a forest began. Nico looked quickly to his left and right as a holograph atop the Cornucopia began counting down from thirty.

His heart was pounding. Nico's heart missed a beat when he saw the creature to his left; the huge hairy creature named Chewbacca. He'd watched Chewbacca throw an angry fit in the group session that resulted in a training employee being thrown across the room and a training dummy being ripped to shreds; the fit was stopped only by subduing the beast with multiple tasers, one after another.

To his right stood the psychotic woman from the Magic community named -- something that started with a B, was it Bridgette? No, it's weirder than Bridgette, it's -- Bellatrix!