35. Queen of hearts

He looked at her
The way she needed to be looked at.
Like the whole world could crumble
And he wouldn't blink.

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

Faye Lockwood's outfit on the side –

************************************

"Why the fuck am I such an idiot?" River grumbled under his breath as he looked at his now, messy room.

His eyes scanned the shopping bags for the hundredth time, just to meet up with disappointment.

He forgot to get a tie.

Grumbling, he looked at the mirror. His black shirt was tucked inside his black trousers and his hair was messy. He looked hot, damn hot.

Only if he could find a tie.

A knock on the door made him turn around. Letting out a frustrated sigh, he walked up to the door to open it.

And there stood Faye Lockwood, a smirk plastered on her face.

"What?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

Faye extended her hand and pointed towards the bag that she was holding, motioning for him to take it.

He grabbed the package and instantly opened the box, just to find a black tie laying in it.

"How did you know?" He asked her, grinning.

"You always have the tendency to forget things, so, I thought that just in case you forget about the tie, you would have a backup plan. Well, looks like you really did forget about it, ha?" The smirk never left her face and she watched as his cheeks turned into a dark shade of red.

That is when her eyes fell on his physique and she froze, gulping hard. She found herself internally swooning as she shamelessly eyeraped him.

He looked hot, his shirt and trousers hugging his body perfectly. He looked so fucking edible that it made her breathing stop.

"Oh sunshine, take a picture, it will last longer." The smirk that made its way to his lips made her go all weak. She tried to look everywhere but his handsome face.

She did not know what was happening to her but she suddenly felt butterflies in her stomach. Her cheeks went all red and she tried to bit back with a comeback.

But it felt like she was having a really hard time in constructing a snarky remark.

"Well, you do know that I have a tendency to mess everything. Help me with the tie, will you?" And he pulled her inside the room.

Grumbling under her breath, she wrapped the tie around his neck, making him drew closer to her.

She pulled up his collar and started to fold the tie neatly. Everything would have gone right, everything would have gone right but, but River did the mistake of looking at her.

His breathing hitched as he ran his eyes through her beautiful face and suddenly he found himself pulling her closer. His hands rested on her hips and he continued staring.