6

The car ride to Mia's apartment was fun, even given the circumstances.

I couldn't stop staring at Smurf, wearing a creepy little smirk on my lips. I knew she knew I was watching her and I admired the way her eyes were staring determinedly straight ahead at the road, avoiding mine. I just wanted to feed her rainbows and cuddle with her. I mean, I didn't even know an adult could be this tiny. How was it possible that someone with that much black and such a little body could make me wanna jizz in my pants? For Pete's sake, that pout was gonna be my death.

"What?!" She finally exclaimed when I'd been staring at her forever. My grin instantly widened, but I didn't avert my eyes.

"Nothing." I simply replied. Just looking at the cutest composition of atoms in the whole entire world.

"Then why are you staring? Do I have something on my face?" She didn't look at me, only kept sending daggers at the road. Poor road.

"Yeah," I replied. "Kissable lips."

Again, I caught her off guard. For the first time, I watched another color than black and blue make its way onto her body. A pink blush spread across her cheeks, originating from her neck. She quickly cleared her throat and pretended like it wasn't there. So fucking adorable.

"Stop that," She mumbled, trying to sound annoyed. The blush spoke otherwise, though. "You've been harassing me for weeks. Don't think stupid shit like that is going to make up for anything. You're still very much on my list."

I grinned, slowly licking my lips. "At the top, I hope."

I had to seriously control an urge when she turned an even deeper shade of pink, almost red. Her throat gulped and fuck, Caleb junior wanted out to get a peak as well. I shifted a little and decided it was best to turn my eyes away from her for the remainder of the trip. Best for her, me, or my zipper?

It took about ten more minutes before we finally pulled up to an expensive apartment complex. I let out a low whistle at the sight. "Someone's a trustfund baby."

She gave me a glare, then pulled the brake and killed the engine, quickly grabbing her shoulder bag before shuffling out. I chuckled quietly at her rush when she actually almost stumbled. I followed calmly and zipped off my hoodie, leaving it in the car, knowing my relaxed demeanor was going to drive her to a cute little edge.

But then, as we entered and took the elevator up, it changed. My foot started to tap impatiently and my hands started trembling. It was as if my body knew it was close to seeing the most important thing in my life. The one it hadn't held in its arms for weeks. The only girl who'd ever held my heart and ever would.

I walked after Smurf, letting her lead me to the right door. After a quick tap, it seemed to only take an eternity before the door was finally opened.

"Elana!" I rushed inside and felt my chest explode as my princess ran straight into my arms, already at the door. She'd been waiting for me. I clutched her tightly and buried my face in her neck, breathed in her baby scent. Fuck it, I nearly cried. She wrapped her little arms around me and patted my back, welcoming me home. That's my baby girl.

I pulled back to cradle her face, staring into her bright eyes to make sure she was the same, no bruises, no illness, no missing hairs. She grinned toothily at me, and fuck, it made my heart soar to see she was happy and in good spirit. I brushed her golden locks away and pressed a kiss to each of her cheeks, seeing her wrinkle her little nose, which made me kiss that as well.