34- Christmas Time

"The Yule Ball." Ginny read off of the notice board.

"We can't even go!" Venus said, "it's only fourth years and above!"

"I'm not even here." Mali complained, "my parents are making me go home for Christmas."

"We'll we're staying here," said Venus, "but unless someone invites us, we're not going."

"Oh c'mon Ve, Neville is going to ask you for sure!" Ginny laughed, "it's me who will be stuck here."

"No way, Gin, someone is bound to ask you!" Venus laughed. "I just hope I'm not sick again like last month."

"Your dad said it didn't always happen like that," Ginny shrugged, "I'm sure you will be fine."

"Yeah."

They made their way over to some armchairs and sat down.

********

The castle was complete madness as the Yule Ball approached.

Everyone in fourth year and above were half crazed searching for a date.

The week before the holidays were set to start Neville approached Venus in the entrance hall one morning.

"Hey Neville." Venus grinned as she tried to stuff some books into her bag.

"H-Hey V-Venus." Neville stuttered.

"What's up?" Venus looked up from her bag at him.

"I was wondering-" he flushed red, "if you maybe- um, wanted to- um..."

"Want to what?"

"Go to the ball with me?" Neville blurted out quickly, "I understand if you don't want to, or if you have another date. But-"

"Sure." Venus grinned.

"What?"

"Sure I'll go to the ball with you."

"You will?"

"Of course I will dummy!" She laughed.

Neville's face broke into a smile, he flushed even redder.

"You know Neville," Venus patted him on the arm, "you really don't need to be so embarrassed around me all the time." She kissed him on the cheek again and hurried off to join her friends.

"He just asked you to the ball didn't he." Ginny was smiling. "I told you he would."

"Yeah, well you're truly a seer Gin." Venus laughed.

"Guess what." Mali sung, with a massive grin on her face.

"What?" Venus sung back.

"Ginny got a date as well!" Mali sung again.

Venus looked at her sister, "why didn't you tell me? Who is it?"

"Dean Thomas." Said Ginny.

"Aw." Mali flung her arms around her two friend's shoulder. "My little Weasleys are growing up."

"Shut up Mali." Venus shoved her off.

"I CAN'T!" Mali yelled, "MY BABIES HAVE GROWN TOO FAST!"

********

All of the other Gryffindor Third year girls had gone home for Christmas. Which left Ginny and Venus with their dorm to their selves.

They were able to play exploding snap loudly without fear of annoying Annabel or Emma.

They also played wizard chess for the first time in a while. (Their mother had banned them from playing at home and their dormmates always got annoyed because of how violent the games always turned out.)

Snow covered the castle as soon as the  holidays began, so on Christmas day all of the Weasleys plus Harry and Hermione had a vicious snowball fight.

Hermione excused herself early to go and get ready.

"You can't need four hours to get ready!" Ron protested, Hermione just shrugged and walked away, "who you goin' with anyway?"

Hermione said nothing.

"She's teasing you Ron." Venus laughed. Ron hit her in the face with a snowball.

********

Sirius had bought Venus a dress for her birthday. It was red and fell to the floor. It came all the way up to her neck, meaning that it was hiding the scars all up her back.

It took her a while to get ready as she attempted to make her straight hair look interesting, but eventually just gave up and allowed it to hang.

Ginny looked beautiful in her green dress, with her hair pulled back into a bun.

Hermione had arrived in their dorm for help zipping up her dress. She looked amazing. She had used some kind of potion on her hair to smooth it and it was beautifully styled.

"So are you going to let us in on the big secret?" Venus asked. "Who are you going with?"

"You'll find out when everyone else does." Hermione winked and left the room.

Venus and Ginny exchanged glances and laughed.

"I haven't seen you in a dress since we were like five." Venus said. "You look really beautiful."

"You too." Ginny grinned, "I'm glad you decided not to cover it up."

Ginny was talking about Venus's scar. Venus had been contemplating using makeup to cover her scar up, but in the end had decided against it. The scar was a part of her, and she wasn't ashamed of it.

"So shall we go?" Venus asked.

"Yeah, I'm meeting Dean in the common room."

"So am I- well not Dean, Neville, but you get the picture." Said Venus.

"Oh shut up!" Ginny laughed, "let's go!"

The Yule Ball approaches!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx