Chapter 39 Part 2

I don't know if I tell you guys how much I love you enough. Your comments make my day. 

^Pic of the weapon of the day. It's a firecracker called a Judas's belt.

ALEXIS

Hudson curled his lip into his mouth as he thought over my proposition. I mentally crossed my fingers and prayed that he would agree.

"I don't know, Alexis. You might get hurt," he said quietly, giving me a worried look. I gave him a small smile and stepped forward so I could wrap my arms around him.

"Do you trust me, Hudson?" I whispered into his ear as he buried his face in my hair. 

He groaned, "You know that's not my issue. My issue is that the griffins are coming here for you and you want to be the decoy."

I pulled back and felt my heart warm at the concern on his face. 

No one could ever get tired of knowing that someone cared about them so much. 

I got on my tiptoes and pecked his lips, making his face soften, "I'm a Luna, Hudson. The pack comes–"

His lips landed on mine before I could even finish my sentence. He laced his fingers into my hair and yanked me closer so my chest was crushed against his. He kissed me with an intensity I hadn't felt before. I was overwhelmed with the emotions that traveled through the mate bond and sent my heart into overdrive.

I clutched his shoulders as I tried to hold back a moan. The way he was practically devouring my lips was so....intoxicating.

I nearly forgot where we were but quickly reminded myself that this was not the time to turn into an overly excited female. There was plenty of time for that after this.

Hudson released me for a second and eyed my swollen lips with dark eyes, leaving me gasping for breath. I barely had time to inhale before he claimed my lips again.

"Mine," he growled, not slowing the pace of his lips once.

My wolf nearly fell over when she heard that statement, and needless to say, I was just as shocked. He had never exactly proclaimed his possessiveness so bluntly before since he knew I didn't really like that.

But I knew that what he was feeling right now wasn't the kill-every-male-wolf-in-vicinity possessiveness. It was more of the protect-my-mate-at-all-costs possessiveness.

I felt light-headed as he pulled back and looked at me with a much more tender look on his face as we both tried to steady our breathing. 

He leaned his forehead against mine and shut his eyes tightly, "I was hairist."

I nearly choked on my saliva at his statement. What the hell was that supposed to mean? He didn't like my hair before?

He chuckled and stared at me with a look that made my heart ache, "I said I wanted a mate who had a good heart with only the pack's interest at heart. She had to be strong and be able to fight on her own."

I slowly caught onto what he was getting to and felt my lips curve into a smile. His eyes gleamed with an emotion that I saw everytime my dad looked at my mom. 

"Dear Moon Goddess," he whispered, "I have to apologize. You gave a wolf who sat on a horse as tall as Mount Everest a mate with a heart of gold."

He bumped his nose against mine, "No pun intended."

I rolled my eyes playfully and felt his lips curl into a smile on my cheek as he continued speaking, "I should be thanking you for eternity, but I can't. Not when I worship her more than you."