❥ Chaper 26.

thank you! thank you! thank you for 600 reads (: 

I wait for Amelia to arrive at my house, I scramble up from my bed and just brush my hair so I'm some what presentable.

I'm not a hundred percent sure what I'm gonna say to Amelia, but I know I have to have this conversation with her. I'm not gonna jump straight into a relationship with Issac as soon as this is over, I want to take it slow with him.

Sharing my life with someone is going to be hard for me to adapt to, I have a lot to work on, but he says he wants to help me through this journey so I should let him instead of pushing him away.

"Sweetie?" Mom knocks lightly on the door, "Amelia is here to see you" She opens the door to let her in. She looks nervous as she slowly comes into my room.

Mom disappears leaving me and Amelia in a silence, "You can sit down if you like" I smile. She nods and sits at the end of my double bed.

"Look, I'm sorry for springing things on you when I did, I just had to tell you" She blurts, "I know you like Issac and I know he feels the same back, but I had to get it off my chest. He told me what you're going through and I'm here for you and support you whatever happens" She reaches over and holds my hand.

I smile "Amelia I think you're amazing, and I think you know what I'm going to say but you're my best friend, I know we haven't been at college that long, but you were the first person to make me feel welcome. I just don't feel for you like that, I'm sorry, but you'll find someone" I squeeze her hand.

She doesn't look upset, I think she already knew what I was going to say. She has her hair pinned back and a soft smile on her lips, she really is beautiful, a natural kind of beautiful.

"I know and it's okay, I want us to stay friends. I never wanted to loose you as a friend but I couldn't keep my feelings in. Thank you for being honest" She smiles.

This is a very sweet moment, in a way I feel closer to her and it's definitely made me feel better, "Are you okay though?" She frowns, stroking the back of my hand.

"Yeah, college is this week and I really don't want to go" I hate to even think about it, the only thing egging me to go is art.

"You'll be okay, I'll be there" She smiles, "I'm always here if you need me, come chat to me whenever you want" She reaches over and hugs me.

I smile and hug her back, "Thank you" She gives me a last squeeze before leaning back, "Did you talk to Issac?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yeah" She nods, knowing what I'm referring to. "I've been battling with my sexuality a lot over the years, I knew I liked girls but I'd never been with one or fell for one until I met you, then I knew" She shrugs, I'm glad she's opening up to me.

"Do you like boys?" I ask, "No, I've never really been attracted to boys but I tried to force myself to like them because I was scared people would turn on me if I came out as gay, but it didn't work, I can be friends with males but when It came to the physical stuff, I did anything I could to avoid it" she pulls a lopsided smile.

"We'd never turn against you! We love you and want to see you happy" I feel terrible that she thought we'd all turn against her. This was a big thing for her I'm glad she's coming out.