Chapter 2: History of Angels

Lily entered her classroom, put her schoolbag on her desk and sat on her chair, looking up at the teacher who had just come in with a smile on her face.

"Hello, students! As you already know, you have only one year left until graduation from our school. After you finish school, some of you might want to enroll in Angel Host Academy, while others might simply need basic knowledge about angels to continue their life journey. Because of that, I invited a special guest today to talk with you about the basic history of angels".

The youths brightened - the history of angels? Finally, an interesting subject to listen to - they would hear more about their celestial guardians, and perhaps, they would even learn a bit more about strengthening them and themselves as hosts! Lily got elated too, no matter she had no guardian angel - if she heard the history of angels, maybe she would find a clue on how to acquire a guardian, even if she didn't have one yet. New hopes embraced her - what if the priests didn't know everything about angels, and she could still acquire a guardian, even if she didn't have any when she was born? If it was possible to lose a guardian, why wasn't it possible to gain one? Maybe there was a possibility after all? Or maybe her guardian angel was weak and simply didn't shed too much light aura around her so he was left undetected? Or he was just not seen because she was herself a weak host? There were actually too many possibilities. She wished to meet that special guest so eagerly, whoever he was... She had to get some more clues about guardians! 

But her happiness didn't last long - the door opened, and a tall, blond, blue-eyed girl walked in, her head proudly raised, accompanied by even taller, well-built, blond-oblong-haired, shimmering-blue-eyed young man, who wore white clothes and had bare feet. He was a little shiny, too, like a celestial being. Seeing them entered, Lily widened eyes in shock and disappointment - it was her sister and her angel. Her big sister was always so arrogant... What the heck would she possibly know about angels? She never liked her big sister because of her superiority and the way she walked as if she were indeed a legend... duh...

"Well, students, meet our guests - the city mayor's current heiress, Linda Black, and her guardian, Holy Archangel Michael!"

The students widened eyes with excitement and clapped at full force. Linda grinned and slightly bowed, expressing her gratitude. Lily clapped unwillingly, not to get too much attention for being the only one who was not excited about Linda's visit. She could always have enough of her sister at home, now she even came to bother her at school... goodness...

"I am honoured to be invited here, students! I hope all of you can achieve your dreams and goals! We all have guardian angels to accompany us on our life journey and guide us through hardships. We must be forever thankful to them," she smilingly glanced at Michael, and then back at the class: "We must learn how to strengthen ourselves in order to let our guardians become stronger too and help us even more. This is cooperation between us and these celestial beings. In the end, our souls shall dwell with the High Forces, if we manage to complete our mission in this life and follow our angels' guidance".

The students clapped again. Lily applauded even more unwillingly than before.

"Now I'll straightly go onto our main topic and tell you about the history of angels - how they became our guardians... or, rather, I'll let Michael do it, as he has seen it all and knows it a lot better than me," she looked at her angel, who slightly bowed as a sign of respect to his hostess, and turned to the children who were attentively watching him.

Lily watched Michael rather annoyedly - she knew this angel too well since he presented in their house even the time she was born. She didn't feel interested in his speech at all.

"Students," Michael spoke with a divine deep voice, dignity and pride heard in it, "I am Archangel Michael, the master of all angels up in heaven. I can already feel all of you are guarded by strong and dignified celestial warriors, and I am very proud. But in order to act in accordance with your angel friends, you must first know how our collaboration started. Now I'm going to tell you how it all began..."

Here Lily lent ears too - maybe Michael did have something interesting to say, after all... History of angels was indeed a good topic. The children listened carefully as well - they were already too excited to see the highest celestial angel of all before them and were eager to know everything he had to say.

"We, angels, were created by the High Forces to guard the light energy, as well as supervise all the events that happened in the world and make sure all the rules established by the High Forces were being followed.

"Once, the High Forces created terrestrial creatures - humans, after they had finished working on animals which were completely created out of terrestrial elements, but humans were given celestial souls so they were considered a mix of heavenly and earthly matters. The High Forces, through our, angels', help, had relied their rules upon the first two humans - Adam and Eve. However, they did not follow these rules, and so were banished from the Garden of Eden which now you humans call heaven, and were thrown down to Earth. But as the High Forces wanted the heavenly souls to be purified again, as they cared about their creations, they gave Adam and Eve a second chance, and gifted them our help - we were assigned as their first two guardian angels. Since then, our collaboration began. We guided Adam, Eve, and their successors through their paths of life, and helped them walk the right way. The first two guardian angels were I, Michael - the guardian of Adam, and my younger brother, Raphael - the guardian of Eve.

"But you must also know the history of losing a guardian angel..." here, Michael paused and deeply sighed, then continuing: "Adam and Eve had two children at first - two sons - Cain and Abel. Cain's guardian was a warrior archangel, Remiel, while Abel's guardian was a healer angel, Ariel - a female angel.

"Abel by his kind deeds had strengthened his guardian angel, while Cain felt extreme jealousy towards him, so, his angel was getting weaker. Remiel always advised Cain to be cautious with his evil thoughts, but as he was weakened, Cain didn't listen to him and eventually murdered his own brother. Because of that, Remiel left him, so he remained alone, with no guardian.

"During the millennia that followed, humans tried to purify their souls from their sins and we helped them as we could. This continues even now.

"You must know these stories in order not to lose your guardians. Be careful, children - there are many difficulties on your path, and you and your angels must be strong in order to overcome them. So try to always stay truthful and kind".

The children applauded, but Lily, instead of acquiring answers, had even more questions gathered in her head after she listened to this story, so she raised her hand. Michael noticed her.

"Yes, Lily?"

"If all people were born with guardian angels to help them, even from the beginning of mankind, then how come I am the only one who has no angel since my birth?"