Chapter 42

N O A H

"Yo! You good, man?" Max shouts from the living room. I have just walked into my house and there he is, with my sister, on his lap.

It's been a few hours since I came back from telling Ava the news between us. I've been in a pissy mood all day. I came home, took a shower and left again to do an interview with this guy at some warehouse. I can't believe I'm actually doing this. Getting an actual job. I came back home to take a nap but I wasn't expecting my sister and Max to be cuddling on my couch. What's even worst is that it should be me and Ava cuddling on the couch.

But no.

She just had to be so damn stubborn with her cute ass self.

"If you know what's good for you, you would get Cora off your damn lap before I come there and break your legs," I growl at Max. He suddenly puts his hands up in defense and gently pushes her off his lap to sit on the couch. My sister looks at me with concerned eyes but I honestly don't want to talk to her right now.

I storm into my room and slam the door with a loud thud.

I rake my fingers through my messy hair and sigh.

Fuck.

This girl is honestly messing with my mind. I've been thinking about her all day after our fight.

"Ugh!" I say out loud. I grab a pillow off my bed and throw it across the room in frustration. I jump on the bed and quickly close my eyes due to the lack of sleep the night before.

***

"Noah! The hell!" Cora screams making me jump up from my sleep. She starts smacking me with the pillow I threw earlier.

"What? Cora, What?!" I yell, grabbing her arm, stopping her from hitting me any further.

"You and Ava had a fight?!" She yells and I give her a confused look. How in the hell did she know that? She reaches into her pocket and pulls out my cell phone. I now remember leaving it here when I came back from Ava's.

"Cora..." I say, rubbing my eyes.

"Ava just called."

"So?" I ask, acting like I don't care that she called me.

"What do you mean so? She's your girlfriend  and you love her."

"She's not my girlfriend. She never was as she said in her own words." I growl, turning around to go back to sleep. I honestly don't want to talk about Ava.

"She misses you and I know you miss her too."

"What the fuck? It's only been a few hours!" I tell her. "She doesn't miss me, she's just been using me and I should've figured that out a long time ago. I don't deserve her." I say and I could feel Cora rolling her eyes at me. She kisses her teeth.

"Fine. Be miserable. But I'm going to go meet her." she says and I shoot up from the bed.

"Oh no, you're not. We're done and I don't want you around her."

"You might be done, but I'm not. The last time I saw her was when her crazy ass stepfather ordered men to tie me up and kidnap her." She says placing her hands on her hips. "So if I want to go visit her, I can."

"Fine, whatever," I mumble. I get off the bed and grab my phone out of her hand, bumping her on my way out my room.

I go into the kitchen and I grab a bottle of water. I sigh. My mind runs on Ava again.

Did I do the right thing by leaving her alone? I suddenly have a flashback to when I told her that I would leave her. She was crying. She told me to stay. That she would dump that asshole Scott. For me. But I don't believe her.