35- The Night Ron Dressed As Great Aunt Muriel

They climbed down the staircase to the common room, which was quite busy. Full of girls heading to the ball.

Venus emerged into the common room and saw Neville standing there loosening the collar of his dress robes.

"You certainly clean up well Longbottom," she laughed as she neared him.

Neville was grinning like a madman as he looked her up and down and his grin widened.

Venus did a little spin for him, "how do I look."

"Absolutely beautiful." Neville said eventually. Venus smiled, it seemed that Neville had overcome his nerves. He offered her his arm. She took it gratefully.

"I will warn you, I am a terrible dancer." Venus told him as they left the common room.

"That's okay." Neville was still grinning, "I'll catch you."

"Smooth." Venus laughed.

Everything was so easy with Neville. Venus always had so much fun when she was around him. She couldn't ask for a better friend.

They milled around in the entrance hall, waiting for the doors to the Great Hall to open. Ginny and Dean had arrived not long after them. Harry and Ron were stood awkwardly next to the Patil twins, who were their dates. Hermione was still nowhere to be seen.

Eventually the doors opened.

The tide of students pressed into the hall. Venus kept a tight grip on Neville's arm so that she wouldn't lose him.

They found themselves sat at a table with Ginny, Dean Thomas, Ron, Padma Patil, Seamus Finnigan and Lavender Brown. The excited chatter in the hall died down completely when the doors opened again and the champions filled in with their partners, and there was Hermione, on the arm of Viktor Krum. She was beaming and looking around the crowd.

The champions took their seats and they all dug into their food.

It was one of the best meals that Venus had ever tasted. And the puddings- oh the puddings. When the plates were all clean, Venus felt like she would never move again, let alone dance!

But all too soon the champions took to the dance floor. It was a struggle for Venus to subdue her laughter at Harry's dancing.

Poor Parvati's feet were being completely trampled as Harry was (to put it lightly) a very bad dancer.

Eventually the rest of the students took to the floor.

Neville's dancing skills more than made up for Venus's lack thereof and actually made her look like she could dance.

The pair danced all night, only stopping for occasional drink breaks. Ginny seemed to be having a good time with Dean, and Hermione with Viktor.

Ron and Harry on the other hand were both sat down. Their dates had appeared to have ditched them and left to dance with other boys. At some point early on, they had left the hall.

It ended up being a long night. Venus's feet were blistering by the time she and Ginny made it back to the dormitory.

"I think I'm going to remember this night forever!" Venus told Ginny dramatically, "The night that Ron dressed as Great Aunt Muriel!"

Hello! Guess what guys?
I've decided to write a prequel to this book about Marlene McKinnon. I'm not sure when I will start publishing it, but I will let you know when I do (I might start publishing it before I finish Venus).
Also there is a possible third book for this series!
Remember to vote, comment and check out my profile!
~Em xx