New Year, New Problems [S1:E21]

| December 31 | Monday |

~ Sam's POV ~

New Year's Eve.

It used to be one of my least favorite holidays. Not for any particular reason, but just because it was a day where we literally celebrated the continuation of time. That's it. That's all it used to be to me.

But ever since Megan and I had shared our first kiss on that day, that had changed.

Except this year would be celebrated differently.

Usually, Shawn threw his annual end-of-the-year bash back in Baldwin at his apartment complex. This year, since Shawn was moving to Florida in a few days, that wasn't going to happen.

Instead, everyone was coming to Jinx 2 to celebrate, because yours truly now managed one of the most popular bars in town.

And missing a New Year's Eve party at Jinx was not an option.

"You know, I usually don't say this... but I'm excited for tonight!" Megan said from the couch.

"You're coming?"

"Well, yeah?"

I playfully snapped my fingers. "Damn."

Megan stood from where she was sitting and sauntered over to me. She knew I was joking. And it's not like I wouldn't love for her to be there tonight since I had to be.

I watched her stop in front of me before straddling my lap on the couch. Suddenly, my body was on fire.

"Would me showing up ruin your plans?" she teased.

I swallowed. "It definitely would not ruin my plans."

In one smooth motion, Megan guided my hands to the curve of her waist as she leaned into me. If she didn't stop, the only plans I would have for tonight would involve staying in with her.

Then her lips grazed my ear. "Good."

I shivered under her before pulling back. Her eyes were already locked on my lips, which gave me the answer I was looking for.

I pulled her face into mine and wondered how I had gotten so lucky. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd find someone as great as Megan, but here I was.

Then before I could take this interaction any further, she stood.

"Babe," I whined.

"What?" Megan smirked. "You have to get ready for work."

I stood. "I can get ready in like, ten minutes."

"You have to be there in thirty."

I glanced at the clock and realized she was right, but that still wasn't going to stop me.

I grabbed her hips. "We can be fast."

She pecked my nose. "Go brush your hair, Samantha."

I rolled my eyes in protest, but decided not to fight. In the end, she was right, and I did need to go soon. But I had tonight to look forward to, because Shawn and Casey were coming, along with Blair and Tony. It was bound to be a great night, and I couldn't wait.

After throwing on my work clothes and readying myself for a night at Jinx, I left quickly.

Jinx wouldn't be opening its doors till eight, which is why I had to be there by six. An exceptional live band would be playing from eight to ten, and then a DJ would finish the night out. It was going to be wildly busy, but I just had to make sure things went smoothly.