37 | awkward silence

"CAN we talk about the other day?" Taehyung asked with a frown.

Jimin blinked, pulling out one of his headphones, "Wh-what?"

"The other day. You ran off." Taehyung said, eyebrows knitting together, "How's your head? I talked to Jungkook and he said you seemed fine but—"

"I'm okay."

Taehyung sighed and sat down in the chair across from him. They sat in the cyber cafe of the college at a high table. Jimin had different textbooks splayed out across him, a bottle of Cola set off to the side. Jimin watched as he set down his laptop onto the table.

His cheeks heated up and he looked away, focusing his attention instead on a couple that was fighting.

"Jimin. Seriously, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Taehyung pinched the bridge of his nose, "Why were you really in my apartment?"

"I was l-looking for y-you. I wanted to t-tell you something that h-h-happened with J-Jungkook."

Taehyung's eyes softened, "What happened?"

"He—" Jimin started. His words fell short when he looked up at Taehyung, who was tugging at his hair.

I have feelings for my best friend.

Jimin's eyes trailed over Taehyung's laptop. An unsettling feeling started to bubble in his stomach and it seemed like it was traveling throughout his whole body. His hand twitched. Across from him, Taehyung continued to play continuously with a lock of hair and looked at Jimin with so much worry and admiration.

Jimin felt like he was going to throw up.

His hand twitched again. Jimin gripped it, looking down at that stupid fucking laptop.

I'm totally in love with Park Jimin.

"I f-fell off my bed." Jimin started. "Jungkook st-stood and helped me u-up. We stumbled a b-bit. H-He wrapped his arm a-around my waist. W-We were so cl-close."

"That's great!" Taehyung smiled. It was familiar to Jimin, something of comfort, but now it felt all wrong.

...totally in love with park jimin.

How can he sit there smiling like that?

Jimin's throat felt like it closed, "I-I went to your apartment to t-tell you."

Taehyung nodded. Jimin continued, "B-But you weren't th-there. I sat down, a-and figured you wouldn't m-mind if I used your c-computer to l-look something up."

Taehyung nodded again, confusion contorting in his face.

"I logged on and—"

"Hey guys!"

Jimin's head snapped to his right, Taehyung's action a mirror image. He felt like he couldn't breathe when he found Jungkook walking up to them. He wore a black shirt with white rose on it in the corner and a pair of light ripped jeans with Timberlands (the only pair of shoes he owned). Jimin gulped, because fuck, he looked hot.

"Hi Jungkook." Taehyung greeted with a smile.

I have feelings for my best friend.

Jimin studied Taehyung's smile. It was so pure, so full of actual happiness. It was directed towards someone that was basically Taehyung's enemy at this point.

I'm totally in love with Park Jimin.

"I-I have to g-go." Jimin said, standing up and collecting all his things quickly before taking off down the hall.