It's A Horrid Feeling

Trigger warning: If you are sensitive to suggested suicide (don't worry, nobody dies) please proceed with caution.

-

Wonwoo's first day at work was on Monday. The company's building was in the centre of town between a circle of shops and cafés. Mingyu drove him there and they spent the entire car journey sitting in silence. He had said he didn't feel well and made the decision not to go into work that day but Wonwoo knew it was because he didn't want to see Jeonghan. He was confused and worried for Joshua; he knew how much it hurt him when he rejected him the first time and he was afraid this time might well and truly break his heart. So he left it, tried to forget it because it was weighing down his thoughts.

"Are you sure you're not upset?" Wonwoo asked before stepping out the car.

"I said I was just ill, didn't I?" He spat.

"Wow. Why are you getting all grumpy with me?"

"I'm not." said the grumpy Mingyu.

Wonwoo was confused. What had he done wrong? Why was Mingyu so badly affected by something that didn't really include him?

"Thanks for the lift." He mumbled. He didn't want to fall out with Mingyu so cut off the potential arguement as fast as possible.

"I'll pick you up at the same place." Mingyu mumbled back before leaning over the passenger seat and shutting the door before Wonwoo could talk anymore. With that he drove off down the road and out of sight.

Wonwoo bit his lip a little too hard and it hurt. This was weird and definitely not like Mingyu but he had to shrug it off. He didn't need anything to ruin his first day of work.

Seohyun met him at the front desk and gave him a tour of the building. She said, or rather signed, that he would be starting with proofreading simple text such as newspaper articles and magazines. Boring, right? Not for Wonwoo! Every second of his day was thoroughly exhilerating. He got his own desk with a computer and pinboard (where he secretly wanted to pin photos of him and Mingyu but wouldn't admit it at the time since they had kind of fell out), and his area was next to the kitchen meaning hot chocolates were just around the corner, too bad Mingyu wasn't there to make them for him.

Seohyun said that if he did a good enough job at proofreading that week then she would quickly move him up to assist the novel editors in a month or two's time.

Things were going great. Wonwoo sat at his desk typing away on his computer being occasionally interrupted by his new colleagues who came to greet him. Not everybody there knew he was deaf but it didn't seem to cause too much of a problem. He was ok with being seen as the unsocial worker.

When it was finally time for Mingyu to pick him up he bid farewell to Seohyun and signed out. Then he made his way out of the building to stand exactly were Mingyu said he would pick him up, but he wasn't there.

Maybe he got caught up in a traffic jam, Wonwoo thought so he waited a little while longer. 30 minutes longer to be exact but he still wasn't there.

He wouldn't pick up his phone either and that's when Wonwoo started to worry. Mingyu was acting weird this morning, what if he did something he wasn't supposed to or got himself into trouble. Wonwoo didn't know what to do and thought that maybe he might find Mingyu if he walked into town in the direction his car went that morning. He checked in every shop window for his tall boyfriend as he hurried through the streets. It came to mind that he might've just been being petty and left him behind since he was in a mood. Wonwoo made a mental note to not let him choose the next movie if that was the case.

Nearly and hour had passed and Wonwoo was ready to give up and text Soonyoung to pick him up then he saw a familiarly tall figure starring into a shop window. His expression was blank and he seemed to be deep in thought. He held a single shopping bag in his hand from a shop Wonwoo couldn't recognise and when he approached him he saw that he was starring at his reflection in the glass.