Chapter 29 - Can't do this anymore

"Now, how can he have her heart
When it got stole?
So he tries to pacify her
'Cause what's inside her never dies"

Harley's P.O.V.

My first instinct was to cup Alix's face. I wanted to take all of her pain away and give her as much love and affection as I could in return, I'd rather have her pain myself than to ever see her suffering.

She pulled me with her to the bed, our mouths never leaving the passionate kiss they were into. Soon it went from passionate to heated and while my hands stood on either side of Alix's head, hers started to move under my shirt, making me stop.

- "Alix you don't have to do this." I said a little out of breath.

Alix's movements stopped and she looked at me, I could still see the trails of the tears she had been crying on her cheeks and I tried again to gently caress them. This time she did not pull away, instead, she looked me in the eyes with warmth and nodded.

I moved to lay down next to her and spoon her. Tonight I didn't want anything else but to cuddle her in my arms and make her feel safe and that was exactly what I did.

- "I love you Harley, so much." She said as she scooted closer to my embrace. Her back and my front were so pressed together that it seemed like we were one.

I rested my chin on her shoulder and our cheeks touched.

- "I love you more Alix. I'll never let anything bad happen to you ever again." I said kissing her on the side of her head and going back to the same position. After a while we fell asleep tired but content.

_______________________________________

What the hell is this? Who's shouting?

I woke up with Alix still in my arms but it seemed like outside her room someone was having a huge argument. I only realised that the voices of the people shouting belonged to our parents when I actually was 100 percent awaken.

- "You accepted their relationship?! Are you insane? They are sisters! And even if they weren't, Harley would never be a good person for my daughter to be with, she used to bring a diferent girl here everyday!" George shouted.

- "What's happening?" Alix woke up and asked in a raspy voice, but before I could answer, my mom shouted.

- "You have no right to say those things about MY daughter George. And yes! I accepted their relationship because they deserve to be happy and they are not sisters, never were! Can't you understand that? They never had that kind of relationship, we forced it on them." She responded making me want to get up and hug her. I had forgotten she accepted our relationship yesterday.

- "They're fighting because of us again?" Alix asked and I just nodded.

- "If they are not sisters then maybe we are not married as well Julie. I want Harley out of my house today! I don't want my daughter living with her, ever since she came back from being with your ex husband in Portugal, my daughter ran away with her, got rapped and has become a completely different person!" George shouted back making me sad. He was right, I knew he was.

Alix tried to get up from the bed, but I tightened my grip around her unconsciously.

- "Harley, I want to get up! He's not going to talk about you like this, I won't let him. I know he is my father, but he doesn't have the right to say those things about you." She said angry and trying to move, but my grip only got firmer around her.