Chapter 38

~~~~~~~~~~~~Samantha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both of us were pretty tired when we returned back. As soon as I entered, I noticed some changes. All the dirty dishes were cleaned, our clothes arranged, beds mended. I gave a confused look to Oliver.

"What?" He asked taking his t shirt off.

"Who did all this?"

"Caretaker sent someone for housekeeping after we left", he replied casually.

"Wow! But there is no one in the house".

"Of course. I prefer privacy", he said lying down on the bed.

"Oh. So, I think I should leave you alone for sometime. I'll go in the other room", I said and turned around to move out of the room.

"Wait, I didn't mean you. I want you to stay with me. You are not just anyone, you are the one person I never want to leave. Stay close to me all the time", he said pulling me closer.

"Okay. What are we eating tonight?" I asked because I was starving.

"What do you want for the dinner?"

"Can we have pizza?"

"Sure. I'll call Mrs. Patrick", he said picking up his phone, but I snatched his phone from his hand before he could dial her number.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. I don't want you to bother that old lady at this hour of the night. I'll make something for us", I said.

"Sam, you don't have to do that. You must be tired too".

"I know I don't have to do this, but I want to cook for you", I said folding my hair up in a messy bun. I went down the stairs into the pantry and checked the fridge. The refrigerator was filled with vegetables, cheese, butter, eggs, milk, chicken, ham, fish, lobsters, chocolates and what not.

"Wow, there are so many things here. Now I am confused what should I make", I said resting one of my hands on my waist.

"Something easier. I don't want you to get too tired", he said crossing his arms around my waist.

"Are you allergic to anything else, other than strawberry?", I asked.

"Mmmmm not that I know of".

"Alright then, you sit back on that couch and watch TV, I'll make something quickly", I said pushing him lightly.

"No ways. I am helping you".

"I don't need any help".

"I am still helping you. I can cut vegetables for you", he insisted.

I gave a sigh and said, "all right, you can cut this onion and some garlic".
Then I took out the lobsters from the fridge and started washing them up.

I was busy doing my work when Oliver screamed,"Ouch ! Fuck!"

I immediately left everything and turned towards him, he had cut his finger which was bleeding now. "Oliver, I told you I don't need help. See now, what you have done. Where is the first aid kit?"

"Calm down Sam. It's nothing", Oliver said putting his finger in his mouth.

"Shut up and stand still here, while I look for the first aid". I checked in the drawers in the kitchen and then in the living room. All of them had something or the other, but not the first aid kit.

"Sam, leave it. It has stopped bleeding. See", Oliver said showing his index finger to me and I sighed. "Alright, but please now you just sit back and let me finish the cooking", I said. He kissed on my forehead and nodded, "Alright".